*CLOSED* Authenticate This GUCCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
This thread is closed as we don’t currently have authenticators for Gucci, please seek a paid service.

Please post authenticity questions related to GUCCI in this thread.

The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is in order to prevent duplication requests and to make it simpler for people to 'search' for items which may have been posted previously. This is not a thread to ask general questions about GUCCI, please refer to our main GUCCI forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:

If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures:
History of the bag:
Comments:

Please give us as much information as you can and then attach any pictures (all authentication must include pictures).

Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
Please limit your request to one (1) per post; otherwise it gets too confusing keeping them all straight.
Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.
To ensure that additional pictures requested are seen by the authenticators, please utilize the quote feature or provide a link to your original request and response. Failure to do so may result in your query not being answered.
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Have a wedding coming up and thought this would be pretty fun...I hope it's real (as I jumped the gun and bought it).

Item: Authentic Gucci Guccissima Red Leather Belt w/ GG Silver Buckle 100/40
Item No.: 391467028677
URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391467028677?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Seller: nycsellersinc

Would anyone be able to help me with this? It has since arrived if more pictures are necessary. I really appreciate your help!

Insufficient number of pics - need clear macro shots of front and back of tag.

Here's both!
80caf57a2e26e59ae6badbaf9defc298.jpg
2440e2d4f32684eeb99d4ecd82929be9.jpg

Thanks!

Hi there! Looking for more info on this bag....

Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures: me
History of the bag: found in my family storage
Comments: I recently found this bag, in some old storaged boxes. I searched past posts and found similar prints and models, but the tags were different. Decided to try posting here, for more information. Thanks in advance.
back.JPG front.JPG detail.JPG detail2.JPG open.JPG side.JPG inside.JPG tag.JPG

Hi everyone! Long time lurker of the forums - just came across this vintage Gucci clutch (?) today. I've been having a hard time figuring out:

1. if this is authentic, and
2. if it isn't authentic, what style of Gucci bag is this emulating, if any

Item Name (if you know it): White Gucci clutch
History of the bag: Purchased secondhand from a neighbor who said it was her great aunt's.
Comments: Came with dust bag
Serial #: 004-58-0264

Thanks so much for your help!!!

20160620_173003.jpg 20160620_173016.jpg 20160620_173022.jpg 20160620_173036.jpg 20160620_173041.jpg 20160620_173047.jpg 20160620_173107.jpg 20160620_173141.jpg 20160620_173147.jpg 20160620_173204.jpg

Hi there! Looking for more info on this bag....

Link (if available):
Seller:
Who took the pictures: me
History of the bag: found in my family storage
Comments: I recently found this bag, in some old storaged boxes. I searched past posts and found similar prints and models, but the tags were different. Decided to try posting here, for more information. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 3385850 View attachment 3385851 View attachment 3385852 View attachment 3385853 View attachment 3385854 View attachment 3385855 View attachment 3385857 View attachment 3385858

underside of tag?

Hi everyone! Long time lurker of the forums - just came across this vintage Gucci clutch (?) today. I've been having a hard time figuring out:

1. if this is authentic, and
2. if it isn't authentic, what style of Gucci bag is this emulating, if any

Item Name (if you know it): White Gucci clutch
History of the bag: Purchased secondhand from a neighbor who said it was her great aunt's.
Comments: Came with dust bag
Serial #: 004-58-0264

Thanks so much for your help!!!

View attachment 3386156 View attachment 3386157 View attachment 3386158 View attachment 3386159 View attachment 3386160 View attachment 3386161 View attachment 3386162 View attachment 3386163 View attachment 3386164 View attachment 3386165

Straight on pic of front of tag (metal plaque) macro no flash please
pic of buckle as above

TY

I've just received a bag which has the same stamped leather codes as your bags but the code on the black satin is different - it reads H5462996. At the moment I can't decide whether to take it into my nearest Gucci shop & risk having them take it as a fake or just return it... The tissue paper is plain ivory, does that sound right?
Thank you

Every bag I have seen for sale on poshmark, tradesy, etc. have these exact serial numbers. The sellers claim they purchased directly from Gucci. Are these numbers ever legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.