*CLOSED* Authenticate this FERRAGAMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have two pairs of Vara pumps that I acquired from my local Craigslist and need help authenticating. I purchased the black patent leather pair a few months ago for very cheap to try out the style and fit before investing in a brand new pair. Today I came across the dark blue leather pair and scooped it up because it was even cheaper than what I paid for the black pair :lol: However, I was surprised to see many differences between the two. :hrmm:

Black patent leather pair:
- Substantially heavier (maybe because it's patent)
- Grosgrain bow sits higher
- Top of the "Ferragamo" signature on the ornament is facing toward the left when I'm looking down (while wearing it).
- Stacked heel has horizontal lines with a sharp arch toward the sole.

Dark blue leather pair:
- Lighter than black patent leather pair
- Grosgrain bow is noticeably flatter
- Signature is facing toward the right.
- Stacked heel has no horizontal lines with a curved arch toward the sole.

I am still not familiar with Ferragamo at all even after "researching" the forum, so I need help :sad: Thank you.

Black patent leather on the left & dark blue leather on the right:
VLcbXj2.jpg

5DH3VKm.jpg

Black patent leather on top & dark blue leather on bottom. Both have different arches at the stacked heel and the stacked heel itself is different. The black patent pair's stacked heel has horizontal lines but the dark blue leather stacked heel doesn't have that.
O3dCpK7.jpg

Insole of black patent leather pair:
U0TQohl.jpg

Insole of dark blue leather pair:
tOuTpEN.jpg

Grosgrain bow of black patent leather on the left & dark blue leather on the right:
cZcuYAY.jpg

Signature on the ornament of the black patent leather pair:
lZYdxmT.jpg

Signature on the ornament of the dark blue leather pair:
oJxS9Yd.jpg

Hello, I have two pairs of Vara pumps that I acquired from my local Craigslist and need help authenticating. I purchased the black patent leather pair a few months ago for very cheap to try out the style and fit before investing in a brand new pair. Today I came across the dark blue leather pair and scooped it up because it was even cheaper than what I paid for the black pair :lol: However, I was surprised to see many differences between the two. :hrmm:

Black patent leather pair:
- Substantially heavier (maybe because it's patent)
- Grosgrain bow sits higher
- Top of the "Ferragamo" signature on the ornament is facing toward the left when I'm looking down (while wearing it).
- Stacked heel has horizontal lines with a sharp arch toward the sole.

Dark blue leather pair:
- Lighter than black patent leather pair
- Grosgrain bow is noticeably flatter
- Signature is facing toward the right.
- Stacked heel has no horizontal lines with a curved arch toward the sole.

I am still not familiar with Ferragamo at all even after "researching" the forum, so I need help :sad: Thank you.

VLcbXj2.jpg

5DH3VKm.jpg

Black patent leather on top & dark blue leather on bottom. Both have different arches at the stacked heel and the stacked heel itself is different. The black patent pair's stacked heel has horizontal lines but the dark blue leather stacked heel doesn't have that.
O3dCpK7.jpg

Insole of black patent leather pair:
U0TQohl.jpg

Insole of dark blue leather pair:
tOuTpEN.jpg

Grosgrain bow of black patent leather on the left & dark blue leather on the right:
cZcuYAY.jpg

Signature on the ornament of the black patent leather pair:
lZYdxmT.jpg

Signature on the ornament of the dark blue leather pair:
oJxS9Yd.jpg

Hi! The difference is that your patent pair is the Vara, and the matte navy blue pair is the Lillaz. The difference is in the heel. I'm not sure about the difference in how the bows lay, but the shoes are from different lines. Hope that helps.

Reactions: deetee
Greetings all...I need your help!

I "inherited" these shoes from a friend purging her closet. She got them from a consignment shop without the box.
Is there a way to determine the style from this serial number?
I was directed here from another forum and told to ask for Jonathan?
But anyone's help will do - thanks in advance for any info you can provide about these!

P1030125.JPG P1030125a.jpg P1030126.JPG P1030127.JPG P1030128.JPG P1030129.JPG P1030132.JPG :smile:

My friends son is dying for a Ferragamo belt. He's checking Ebay and there is one he's interested in and I told him I would try to help with authenticity. As always, I've come to TPF for assistance.
If anyone could help, I would very much appreciate it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162225581421?_mwBanner=1
Please see post #1 in this thread for the Authentication format and needed information for future requests, thank you. The belt looks authentic in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.