Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

My mom gave me this bag because she knew that i was hankering for the Florentines/West-East bags. It's old, so I don't know the name. Is this a fake or real?
tumblr_mb9nizzzTe1qzne6eo1_250.jpg

tumblr_mb9nizzzTe1qzne6eo3_500.jpg

tumblr_mb9nizzzTe1qzne6eo5_250.jpg

Title: Vintage DOONEY & BOURKE brown Large ESSEX Shoulder Handbag Smoke Free
Beautiful Brown Vintage Bag in Great Shape CLEAN!

Listing #: 140858139722

link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-DOO...722?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item20cbcca44a

Seller: lintfilters

Comments: Is this authentic? Piping looks wrong:

Yep, authentic. The piping might look weird because of the poor photo resolution.

----------
My above comments are just my opinion and I'm not affiliated with Dooney & Bourke.

Yesterday's thriftshop find:

Item Name: AWL bucket bag

I think this one is real - and so retro! - but I would really appreciate confirmation as well as any info on its actual name/age/etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2137.JPG
    IMG_2137.JPG