AUTHENTICATE This COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any stamps or logos of any kind on the inside? If it's the same style and age as one that Rie1234 had, it may be too old even to have a serial number.

Coach has made other double-sided bags but I haven't seen this one before. Maybe another poster will recognise it.

There is NOTHING on the inside serial number wise, but the quality of leather, stitching, etc. give me hope. Were the tiny Coach tags glued on? or how were they attached?

Thanks for your help, I've read 138 pages of AT so far, and look forward to many future authentications.

There is NOTHING on the inside serial number wise, but the quality of leather, stitching, etc. give me hope. Were the tiny Coach tags glued on? or how were they attached?

Thanks for your help, I've read 138 pages of AT so far, and look forward to many future authentications.

If they had a tag added at all, it would have either been riveted or just a flat metal plate with little tabs that stuck into the leather. Obviously the non-riveted type could come loose and get lost. Coach also sometimes just stamped the leather. If the bag was a Bonnie Cashin design it would usually have a sewn-in label. But many very early Coach bags had no identification at all.

Attachments

• Coach early stamp-a.jpg
    Coach early stamp-a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Coach metal tag-a.jpg
    Coach metal tag-a.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 189
  • Coach tag-riveted.jpg
    Coach tag-riveted.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 178
  • cashin-carry Coach label.jpg
    cashin-carry Coach label.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 182
If they had a tag added at all, it would have either been riveted or just a flat metal plate with little tabs that stuck into the leather. Obviously the non-riveted type could come loose and get lost. Coach also sometimes just stamped the leather. If the bag was a Bonnie Cashin design it would usually have a sewn-in label. But many very early Coach bags had no identification at all.

Thanks so much for the info...I hope other experts will chime in!

I'm amazed at the overwhelming wealth of information provided in this forum. I'm working on my database, finally discovering the proper names for all my bags!

Thanks again, Hyacinth!

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. This thread is a continuation of this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-577470.html that has been closed for posting.

Please follow the following rules:

• Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller:
    Link:
    Comments:

• If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
    Link (if available):
    Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)
    [*]Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
    [*]Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
    [*]Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.
  • Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
  • Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.
  • Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form: http://forum.purseblog.com/sendmessage.php.
I have a coach purse with 16 rivets, 8 on each side. The rivets, with the Coach name on it, are facing all different directions. What do you think about the purses authenticity?

I have a coach purse with 16 rivets, 8 on each side. The rivets, with the Coach name on it, are facing all different directions. What do you think about the purses authenticity?
There's no way to authenticate (or even comment on authenticity) without pictures of the item.

As copied in your post, there are certain pictures of various parts of the items that are needed in order to authenticate.

You can either use the "manage attachments" link to attach pictures or you can upload them to a photo-hosting site such as photobucket and post the IMG links.

The pictures are too blurry and inadequate for authentication.

Clear closeup pics are needed of the creed patch, the horse and carriage logo plaque, the hangtags and the inside of the wallet.

But what I find more interesting is that your local Coach store referred you to tPF?

ETA: Ugh! Seller has "New without tags" in the item specifics yet admits to using the items. They are NOT new and should not be listed as such!!

Local Coach store says that she often buys from Ebay herself and comes on here to check the authentication........I will be sure to get those pics to you as soon as I can :biggrin:

Item: Girly Nappa Clip Hobo 8928 (China 2003)
Seller: Savers $20
Dimensions: 12" wide, 6.5" high in the center, 1" deep

Comments: I returned the fake british tan willis today and found this beauty instead. It is made of lamb nappa and feels incredibly soft. It came with a little Coach booklet from 2001 in the pocket.

Please authenticate and let me know if you need more pictures, thank you!

The bag is almost pristine. The only condition problem is that it's missing the hangtag. So far I haven't been able to find a pic of the hangtag but I am guessing that it was some kind of special tag to match the shiny clip hardware. If anyone has a pic of the hangtag I would appreciate seeing what it looks like, thanks!

Attachments

• GirlyNappaClipHobo 018.JPG
    GirlyNappaClipHobo 018.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 160
  • GirlyNappaClipHobo 023.JPG
    GirlyNappaClipHobo 023.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 149
  • GirlyNappaClipHobo 010.JPG
    GirlyNappaClipHobo 010.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 158
  • GirlyNappaClipHobo 008.JPG
    GirlyNappaClipHobo 008.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 144
  • GirlyNappaClipHobo 007.JPG
    GirlyNappaClipHobo 007.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 148
Item: Coach Wristlet Leather Patchwork MSFRP $58.
Listing number: 140714950113
Seller: tntbaseball
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Wrist...113?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item20c343bde1
Comments: Please authenticate. TIA!
Fake.

Edited to add:
Grr! I was going to comment earlier about my feelings toward sellers who use authentic props to "prove" the legitimacy of their fakes. And in fact, this seller, tntbaseball buys them. This was one of the purchases:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...agxsGfgZXTc%3D&viewitem=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Status
Not open for further replies.