Authenticate This BOTTEGA VENETA

Hi. Not really posting to have a bag authenticated but I'm wondering if Bottega Veneta releases colors exclusively for a certain region? It's a actually the first time I saw a BV bag in this color .View attachment 3421054

Yes they do
Different markets sometimes get different colors
If you post a picture of the back side of the authenticity tag someone might be able to tell you the color

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hello! I'm a new member, and a total BV newbie -almost everything I've learned about BV is from this site/forum. Will someone please authenticate these and tell me about them? I can't find anything similar on this site or on the Internet. Are they coin purses, frame purses, convertible wallets, or ??? They are 5" W X 4.5" H X 2.5" D. The exterior is nylon, canvas, or vinyl, in dark chocolate and leopard. The leopard print is darker without the yellow cast shown in photos. Both have identical hardware, etc. I only have one removeable strap. I've got more photos. I hope I've posted this correctly! Thank you for your help.

View attachment 3423780 View attachment 3423786 View attachment 3423787 View attachment 3423789 View attachment 3423795 View attachment 3423796 View attachment 3423797 Hello! I'm a new member, and a total BV newbie -almost everything I've learned about BV is from this site/forum. Will someone please authenticate these and tell me about them? I can't find anything similar on this site or on the Internet. Are they coin purses, frame purses, convertible wallets, or ??? They are 5" W X 4.5" H X 2.5" D. The exterior is nylon, canvas, or vinyl, in dark chocolate and leopard. The leopard print is darker without the yellow cast shown in photos. Both have identical hardware, etc. I only have one removeable strap. I've got more photos. I hope I've posted this correctly! Thank you for your help.

Vintage BV
I don't know enough about vintage to say it is authentic or not
I don't see anything that sets bells off
I would guess it is from the 80's
Definitely pre Tomas Maier

Item: medium quilted veneta
Notes: I bought the bag from therealreal and they do not describe wear very well or have enough pictures for authentication. The leather is fading to a blue color. Have you seen that?]

I've seen black bags fade into a green hue, blue hue, grey hue or even brown. It depends on the dye. I've not had my black BVs long enough to see any significant fading other than than scuffing on the edges which are grey-ish in color.

I've seen black bags fade into a green hue, blue hue, grey hue or even brown. It depends on the dye. I've not had my black BVs long enough to see any significant fading other than than scuffing on the edges which are grey-ish in color.

Does it look authentic to you? I didn't think BV faded like other brands. Think it gives it character or just looks old lol. Thank you for all your help over the years! :smile:

Does it look authentic to you? I didn't think BV faded like other brands. Think it gives it character or just looks old lol. Thank you for all your help over the years! :smile:

I'm no expert but the tag numbers style and color wise look correct and I do recall the bag coming out. That said, I generally defer to the folks here that authenticate on a regular basis. They may see things I miss such as stitching, leather type, lining etc.

I saw your post to our SS below and, again, I defer to SS. At the same time, remember it's ok to trust your gut. I've purchased several preowned bags without checking with the ladies here.

I am a little surprised by this as I have owned many authentic BV's and this one certainly feels authentic.

Once again I would like to state that it is difficult to tell from pictures
To me there is something not right about it
The color discoloration is very strange
It would had to be left in the sun forever
Without feeling the bag ( leather weight etc) I myself would pass on it