Authenticate This Bottega Veneta

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worries me about BV, is that they would be sooooo easy to superfake; particularly in Italy.

Most of them have so few truly distinguishing features, that all you would have to do is get the leather, the construction and the interior heat stamp right and the rest looks like relative child's play, to me... :s

Other brands have elaborate hardware, all over the place, often stamped or engraved with logos and yet, they sell for the same, or often less, than BV, so it is very hard for the fakers to get everything right and may even not be cost-effective for them to really try hard to do so.

Whereas, BVs are so expensive these days and yet so simple, that it makes it well worth the high-end fakers' time to get the few details they have absolutely perfect.

As their popularity increases, I think BV will need to work hard to produce, hidden, distinguishing features. :yes:

^^I hope you don't mind if I disagree. I purchased my lg. black Veneta and my purse charm from Saks - while there I also throughly checked out the wallets. Later I purchased my wallets (and a makeup bag) from Bluefly. I just don't think you can fake BV quality. As someone else has posted before - the place where BV gets their leather also sells to Hermes....and that's it. Comparing my Saks BV's and my Bluefly BV's, I have to say that the leather is exactly the same. The softness, the weave - everything. Even the smell. I just don't think you could fake that. :P

Bluefly had a problem with fakes with people buying Balenciaga bags - then returning fake Balenciaga bags. but the fake bags all had "Tells" not least of all the leather wasn't as beautiful real Balenciaga leather.

I started this thread just to make sure that none of us BV ladies get ripped off. You can never be too careful. But that being said, I think it's pretty hard to fake BV leather.

jmo:smile:

I agree its hard to copy BV bags or any other designer bags in over $1000 range. The material and craftmanship cannot be copied 100%. That's why we ladies pay our hard earn money for the real ones. Bluefly authentication thread is a fantastic idea. :dothewave:

Just FYI- I did talk with Anna, the Personal Shopper for BV in NYC, about Bluefly. She said that they were well aware of the Bottegas being sold on Bluefly, but it is being investigated because the source where they are coming from is not the same as their BV source. This was a few months ago. She was not implying that they are fake, nor am I- (so don't panic!), but they are not sure where these BVs are originating from.

I will say, like many of you have expressed-that I had bought a Veneta from them, and it was real to the best of my knowledge. I have also bought another designer bag from them recently, and it is definitely real too.

I think it's good to keep this discussion available, so we all can help each other-good thread!

Just FYI- I did talk with Anna, the Personal Shopper for BV in NYC, about Bluefly. She said that they were well aware of the Bottegas being sold on Bluefly, but it is being investigated because the source where they are coming from is not the same as their BV source. This was a few months ago. She was not implying that they are fake, nor am I- (so don't panic!), but they are not sure where these BVs are originating from.

I will say, like many of you have expressed-that I had bought a Veneta from them, and it was real to the best of my knowledge. I have also bought another designer bag from them recently, and it is definitely real too.

I think it's good to keep this discussion available, so we all can help each other-good thread!

I'm amazed Ana would say anything--you must be good, Marly! I tried to get some fairly innocent info from an SA and they clammed up (had to do with details in the purses over the years) and wouldn't tell me anything--just repeated a canned company statement.

I agree it would be helpful to all of us to be well-informed about these products that are definitely high-priced based on our beliefs that they are authentic.

My feeling is that they're either from outlets (?) or from boutiques (like the one someone posted was having a sale a few days ago) that are getting rid of stock.
As I said before, I think that the leather is the hardest thing to fake. I just wanted to have this thread to protect each other. :heart:
For me so far - so good. I've saved almost 40% on the things that i've purchased from Bluefly. (with extra codes - promos - etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.