Authentic vintage designer bags from ebay?

1. I love 'em vintage but am really inexperience at telling the fakes from the authentic. I believe it is harder still for vintage items (circa 50s 60s 70s 80s) Can anyone here recommend me some reliable sellers on eBay ? I was looking at Ciocci's Vintage Collection (ciocci) but am not sure of the authenticity of his/her items.

Any recommendations will be really appreciated. Thanks!!
  2. That's Double Jeopardy, in my book. Both designer bags and vintage anything are items that are best bought on eBay by people who know both item, category of item, eBay and PayPal inside out.

If you absolutely, positively have to buy such things on eBay, find yourself a mentor, who is an expert on all of that stuff, and have them help you.

Even if you were going to buy something vintage from a brick and mortar store, I would recommend taking an expert along, unless you happen to be an expert on the article you wish to buy.
  3. Where do you live? If it's NY or LA or SF or anywhere with a population that dresses, you can find out the best vintage stores and go there-the best way to train your eye is to continuously look at things A LOT-high end mags are excellent, old Vogues, etc-to see designs when they were new-everywhere I have ever lived I have run into people who educated me about the things they loved...the hunt is also a lot of fun!
  4. I live in Singapore and there are not many vintage stores here. I learn the most from this forum :smile: :yes: ;) .

I am so glad I found this place. Michele here helped saved me 100s of dollars after I won a 2005 ltd edition chanel that turned out to be a fake.

Thanks guys for your input. I guess I will try to get the items I am interested in here to get authenticated before I buy them.
  5. I have a lot of vintage gucci bags in my collection, so let me know if you need help with vintage gucci.
  6. Hello,
    I am an ebay powerseller for 2 years now and my "major" is Vintage. Clothes, bags, scarves, deco objects.

*****FINAL warning to NOT post your eBay user ID*****
    You knew better prior to this post as this was a response of your's:

7. Do your homework...Study study study..Until you can tell the real from the fake..and then...Buy buy buy