auth needed for vintage Trim

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a bag which i think is a vintage Trim which i got off ebay last year. it is the model without a side or bottom gusset and measures 11.5 inches across, 8.5 inches centre top to bottom. it is in a camel lightly grained leather - not heavily grained like Togo. there is white stitching and bag is unlined. the gold spring clasp bears the mark HS40 inside the clip. inside the top closure strap is HERMES PARIS MADE IN FRANCE in small gold lettering (this is v faint as has rubbed off). on reverse of shoulder strap at pointed end the re is an O plus a G in a circle and what looks like a T. can anyone indicate if the bag is auth, if so possible age? i would like to get ghe bag refinished at Hermes if poss if it is auth but as i have a young baby it woud involve a day trip to my nearest Hermes store in London which seems a bit of a trek. also i don't know how much Hermes would charge to repolish a bag (previous owner looked like they used shoe polish on it!), i have tried to remove the colour but some residue still remains. any advice appreciated.

The bag sounds good according to your description, but would you mind posting pictures? G in a circle indicates year of production is 1977. It would cost $80 US to clean. And yes, definitely take it in they may be able to remove that shoe polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.