Australian PFER'S

KDC, thanks for chiming in here. Do you mind taking us through what you do to condition your bags? I'm always lost as to which product to use first!

Merry Christmas Aussie PFers!

Hi ladies,

I got some oroton spray and waproo today.

The oroton was only enough for my violet day, and 3/4 of my BG city. Am I using too much? Hmmm...

I gave all my bbags the spa treatment this morning, well, only the handles. Two coats of LMB for handles only, a good buffing, and then when I got home from shopping I sprayed my violet day and BG city. Can I just say, the SMELL is killing me!!

I also moisturised the heck out of my giant traveler with apple conditioner, because I just wasn't liking how dry it looked, and didn't want the hassle of returning to NM. It looks better already!

Hi ladies,

I got some oroton spray and waproo today.

The oroton was only enough for my violet day, and 3/4 of my BG city. Am I using too much? Hmmm...

I gave all my bbags the spa treatment this morning, well, only the handles. Two coats of LMB for handles only, a good buffing, and then when I got home from shopping I sprayed my violet day and BG city. Can I just say, the SMELL is killing me!!

I also moisturised the heck out of my giant traveler with apple conditioner, because I just wasn't liking how dry it looked, and didn't want the hassle of returning to NM. It looks better already!

Hey Jade

What smell is it that is bothering you? LMB?

Where did you get your Waproo from?

:heart:

Oooh I accidentally took a deep breath and breathed in some oroton spray :blush: and the smell just stayed in my nose??

I got the waproo from a cobbler outside the chemist round the corner from Borders @ Chaddy.

I think it cost $16+. I'll have to go and get more to spray all my bbags I reckon. The Oroton spray was around $15-20. I have a very bad habit of not looking at prices and chucking receipts out, so I can't even double check how much it was. :biggrin: You definitely get more in the waproo spray bottle though.

Apple conditioner didn't really smell like anything, LMB for handles only had a slight citrus smell.

Have to go and search to see if I need to buff after the bags has dried overnight...

Hi Girls! ;)

Wanted to add another thought...anyone used leather car care products on their bags? For example Macguires leather nourisher? My brother uses it on the leather seats in his Lexus and the leather is so gorgeously soft...and it doesn't really have much of a smell either...the leather is black and not a smidgen of colour has ever come off when he does it, so I'd imagine it'd be ok for dark and light colours?

What do u all think? If it's good enough for a Lexus, is it good enough for our beloved bbags???:rolleyes:

Hi Jade Leaves...I actually now make my own moisturising and cleansing products that are fragrance free...But I always reach for the Waproo water + stain when I buy a new bag. My products are made with a base of beeswax or lanolin and they are all fragrance free. I have worked in the leather industry for about 12 years prior to doing this...Before my product, I tried most products out there and ended up loving the Oroton creme. I just applied that everytime a bag was feeling dry. Not all leathers and colours become dry. I have never had to apply moisturiser on my Anthracite, Indigo, Emerald for example. Colours that desperately needed moisturiser, almost after every use was 06 Blueberry, Ink & 06 Rouille...Most 06 bags were terribly dry for me. It's all personal taste though...I don't own any 06 bags now. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks KDC!

I might try the oroton creme on my mogano city if I'm feeling brave enough. I tried the LMB moisturiser on the bottom of the mogano city and didn't really like how it took away the shine AND made the leather really smooth. I like the distressed look, and now the bottom looks like.. really blah smooth leather with no character :sad:. I just feel that this particular bag, whilst I love how broken in it is already, needs a little moisturising because it's a little too crackly on the front. I'm just really disappointed abt the LMB effect on the bottom!

On the other hand, my Ink and Grey bbags from 06 never needed any moisturising.

Are you making your leather products for yourself or for sale?

Did you try buffing up the leather after applyng LMB moisturiser?

My 07 rouille is dry, the 07 steel is fine though. I put a very gentle beeswax leather care product on the rouille and it worked well, except that it took away some of the shine. But then I'm noticing that the shine tends to wear off anyway. I managed to get a bit of shine back with polishing but it does look different from before. But the leather feels much better now.

Thanks KDC!

I might try the oroton creme on my mogano city if I'm feeling brave enough. I tried the LMB moisturiser on the bottom of the mogano city and didn't really like how it took away the shine AND made the leather really smooth. I like the distressed look, and now the bottom looks like.. really blah smooth leather with no character :sad:. I just feel that this particular bag, whilst I love how broken in it is already, needs a little moisturising because it's a little too crackly on the front. I'm just really disappointed abt the LMB effect on the bottom!

On the other hand, my Ink and Grey bbags from 06 never needed any moisturising.

Are you making your leather products for yourself or for sale?

Did you try buffing up the leather after applyng LMB moisturiser?

My 07 rouille is dry, the 07 steel is fine though. I put a very gentle beeswax leather care product on the rouille and it worked well, except that it took away some of the shine. But then I'm noticing that the shine tends to wear off anyway. I managed to get a bit of shine back with polishing but it does look different from before. But the leather feels much better now.

drati, yes, I did buff after the LMB moisturiser, but it just looked really different from the parts of the bag I didn't treat. I don't mind the lack of shine as much as I minded how smooth it made the bottom of the bag :sad:. I have shine restore, but haven't used it yet. I might try that on the bottom, seeing as I've treated that bit already anyway!

Which leathercare product did you use on your rouille?

My giant traveler really scrubbed up well after applying apple conditioner. I'm going to do another layer today and that should do the trick! It even made the color darker, and although it is still not as jet black as my SGH black city, it's a lot blacker now.

I'd be interested to hear which product you prefer, apple or LMB.

I just used a locally made leather care product, made of beeswax. It smells lovely and did a good job moisturising the leather. But I'd like to find something that doesn't change colour or shine on bbags, not sure this is the right one.

Drati...what product did you use??? No product should remove colour or shine from your bag!

KDC - does the oroton creme not remove the shine from bbags? Wow!

I have been offered a reasonable deal on a bleu glacier city, and have 2 to choose from, would appreciate your input when I post it in the main bal forum, because I intend to condition whichever one I get, just because it is very very veiny. Thanks in advance!

Hey fashion-cult!

I've seen your pics already - your bag really looked heaps better after the treatment! I still have my LMB stuff, but it's really old, well, at least a year old, not sure if I am meant to use them after a year?

And no, I don't live close to chaddy. I'm in Doncaster East. Whereabouts do you live?