Australian Balenciaga Stockists... they have NO CLUE!

fashion-cult

Dec 4, 2006
So I rang Miss Louise on Collins Street just then to ask what 07' colours they had in stock...

YES, I'm on a purse and accessory ban, but I thought I should call them to see if they had the new colours so I could check them out and keep them in mind for when my next purchase comes along...

I also have a feeling my bf is going to get me one mid-year, so just in case, I wanted to see what was available.

I asked 3, what I thought to be simple, questions:

1) Do you have French Blue
2) Do you have Vert Gazon

I described the colours as best as I could and told the SA they are from the 07' collection. The SA wasnt sure as they "called them different things..."

Mind you, this is the store I called about buying a Twiggy and they told me that it DIDNT EXIST... :cursing:

So I thought, well, who cares about colours, I'll just pop in and figure them out myself...

So I asked

3) Do you have the Giant Hardware in yet?

No answer... some mumbling... saying that they probably call it something different... and then I was put on hold for 5 mins... so I hung up!

Why oh why is Australia so clueless about Balenciaga... even the people SELLING them are?!

It's making me want to open my own store that will offer Designer goods at reasonable prices, and have SA's that KNOW their stuff!

Sorry, what a whinger I am... :P

Thanks for that

I have purchased 2 things from Cult Status... they are wonderful to work with!

However, they arent in my state, so I cant go in person to see what they have...

Thats why I thought I would give Miss Louise a call!

I totally sympathize with you... it's the same story here in Canada with Holt Renfrew. They're completely and utterly clueless! You'd think the SAs would get trained on the products they sell... One of the most important thing in sales is to know your stock isn't it!? I've given up on calling them and just make the trip there now, it's less frustrating and I get to fondle some bags too! ;)

Best of Strength on your Purse Ban - you can do it!! :biguns:

If you're feeling weakness coming in just PM me; I'm in the same boat so we can motivate each other! ;)

Fashion, is Miss Louise easy for you to get to? If it is, I'd just not bother chatting with the SAs and go there myself to take a look at the Bbags they have on hand. You'll be saved the aggravation, and you might even teach those SAs a thing or two about the goods they're selling! PLUS, since you're on purse ban, you get to live vicariously through their inventory by touching and trying on the bags without having to dish out the money. :graucho:

It's a sad fact of life that most of us are more well-informed about Balenciaga than any of the SA's we deal with at *any* of the retailers--the one exception being Balenciaga NY (and dontcha think they BETTER know their stuff, or we're REALLY in trouble!! ;) ).

Same here in the UK!!! The best bit is they dont like the names Bal call their colours I was told by one SA so they change them so Im left trying to figure it out when they say just ive got the city bag in red, blue another blue and brown!!!! Like :cursing: !!!???
I sometimes feel like I should

Same here in the UK!!! The best bit is they dont like the names Bal call their colours I was told by one SA so they change them so Im left trying to figure it out when they say just ive got the city bag in red, blue another blue and brown!!!! Like :cursing: !!!???
I sometimes feel like I should go work in these stores myslef as then at least the customers wouldn't be clueless! lol

Fashion, is Miss Louise easy for you to get to? If it is, I'd just not bother chatting with the SAs and go there myself to take a look at the Bbags they have on hand. You'll be saved the aggravation, and you might even teach those SAs a thing or two about the goods they're selling! PLUS, since you're on purse ban, you get to live vicariously through their inventory by touching and trying on the bags without having to dish out the money. :graucho:

Monsoon, it wouldnt take me too long to get there.It's in the heart of the city and I'm about 30 mins away.

Miss Louise is RENOWNED for having snooty SA's that breathe down your neck... yet they know NOTHING about that bag they are selling! Thats why I wanted to call to make sure they had what I wanted to look at to make it worth my while!

I think I'm gonna go in anyway, with my TWIGGY that "doesnt exist", look around at my own leisure... and just pretend im the only one there!

I totally understand your frustrations- I actually had to tell one of the salespeople in Toronto which colours they had that were current and which were last seasons because they had no idea

^ Sheesh.....

Wow I'm sorry that happened to you.... how awful!!

This is why I want to work at Holt's... because I would KNOW my designer bags... unlike the clueless SAs who work there.... :rolleyes:

Went to Miss Louise a couple of weeks ago and they had a gorgeous Marine Classique and Aquamarine in various styles... I didn't see French Blue or Vert Gazon or GH anything.

You are right the SAs at Miss Louise are the snottiest ever! And their prices are :Push: