Audi A4 owners...

Joollover....I've been familiar with VWAG products for almost 10 years, and really, I wouldn't own a Passat, and then an A4 if I felt they were poorly built cars. The site you...cited, is a bit biased as it's a site for people to complain about their cars.
Take a look at BMW: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/bmw.html
Honda: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/honda.html
Toyota: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota.htm
All have numerous complaints and every car maker will have a few complete F-ups driving around. Also, instead of listening to your service guys, who I'd assume have the dealership's interest in mind, look up your specific state lemon laws and contact the state regarding them, not the dealership.

Yeah I realized that...I went to read BMW and Toyota right after I posted about Audi here so yeah it is pretty biased:shrugs: Ill check everything out with me dad ...and since its a used car (at my Audi dealership its that way) you have 1 month or 1,700 kms to return it, so if I realize that its freaking out on me within the first month, which happened to alot of the ppl complaining, then out the door it goes!

I had an audi a4 in that blue color, it drives really good. but in my opinion, the pickup isnt as fast as i would want it to be. no worries though cuz the tiptronic can make up for this . I gave the car to my mom now and am now driving an audi S4. Love audis!

I had an audi a4 in that blue color, it drives really good. but in my opinion, the pickup isnt as fast as i would want it to be. no worries though cuz the tiptronic can make up for this . I gave the car to my mom now and am now driving an audi S4. Love audis!

How would tiptronic make up for that? The manual is quicker than the tiptronic (auto)

Thanks for your responses guys! Im just scared its gonna break down all the time lol because for the next 3-5 years my dad will be paying for the repairs and all but once I get out of uni im allll on my own ..itll probably be time to change for a new car by then tho so no worries:smile:

Thanks for your responses guys! Im just scared its gonna break down all the time lol because for the next 3-5 years my dad will be paying for the repairs and all but once I get out of uni im allll on my own ..itll probably be time to change for a new car by then tho so no worries:smile:

if they offer extended warranty go for it!

What year are you looking to get? Also, if you buy from an Audi dealership, it should have an extended warranty that will take you to 100K miles. All routine maintenance during the original warranty period will be done for free.

Um... was this only for certain years? Or only for used cars...

Because I looked into buying a brand new 2007 A3 last month and scheduled maintenance was NOT included.

I have a 2003 A4 and all routine maintenance was free. Every 10K miles until the warranty ran out. Not sure about the new ones. I just checked and didn't see anything about it. Maybe they changed it.

Ok, I know this is a really old thread, but I'm looking @ new cars and the Audi A4 is at the top of my list. I'd love to hear some updated opinions on the Audi A4 from any Audi owners. Also on my list is the Mercedes C300 and the BMW 128i convertible, so if you have any opinions on these cars as well, please share!