ATTENTION Sac Rayures owner

OH MY! I don't own the bag, but this is an very interesting thread.
I hope you get some satisfaction.. you shouldn't have to deal with this type of "defect". I would definately go back to the boutique and discuss it with the manager.. heatstamp or not.. something needs to be done, you should be completely satisfied.

oh wow... I saw them at the boutique a while back but didn't touch it, so I dunno about the stickiness. Anyhow, this should not happen, definitely take it back to the boutique!:yes:

Hi All,
Thanks for all your replies. :smile:

The SA told me that he'll get back to me by Tuesday. So hopefully I'll hear from him tomorrow.

At the mean time, I also wrote to Louis Vuitton.
This is part of the reply:
We would like to invite you to bring the Sac Rayures down to your
nearest store. Our trained staff, and if necessary with the help of our
Technical Center, will be able to give you the best advice upon having
properly looked at your product and checked thoroughly its specific
condition.

So I guess if they agree of the problem on their part, they might still accept the return (since I have highlighted in my email that the bag was bought over a month ago and had the tag personalised). Well..hopefully!

Yeah it sucks to think that if I were to keep it, I will not be able to use it as much as I want..especially considering the climate here in the Oz where it's always sunny.
One good example, last Sunday I really need a tote bag yet I had a hard time to decide if I should really use the Sac Rayures for the second time since it was a sunny day.

I really love the Sac Rayures. But who would pay for a bag which they can't even use it whenever they want? Especially considering the price, it's not on their cheaper range.

I really think it's the tinted process which they must have put certain product on the cowhide leather (to make the leather darkened) which is reacting with the warm weather.

Have you guys tried removing a price tag or label on a product where it leaves sticky feeling despite of you trying to cleaned off the residue it leaves behind it just get stickier and stickier?
Well that's exactly how it feels like all over the parts which made of the cowhide leather!

P.s: Oops..sorry I just realised I wrote quite long one! :P

I hope everything works out. I have been eyeing this bag and it's on my wishlist. I live in a hot and humid country so I hope this is just a one off issue and that you'll get another one that's just fine.

Good luck!

Okay everyone..
Here is a follow-up of this thread..

I finally made it to the LV store today as I had been extremely busy since the past 1 month (the SA i spoke to last time was aware that I am busy and had told me to bring the bag to the store when I have the time..)
I really love this bag and had been telling myself maybe I can just live with the stickiness by avoiding carrying it in the hot weather as much as I could.

Recently I received a call if I'm still interested in the vernis cosmestic case which I had waitlist. So I told them I would collect it today.
Before I went to the store, I was contemplating if I should bring in my Sac Rayures at the same time or as I've mentioned earlier..just live with the stickiness. So I decided to examine the extend of the stickiness again...and guess what..I noticed one part of handle where the 2 leathers are joined together showing sign that they are going to split! (because the glue is melting..)
Do take note that the stickiness happened just after I carried this bag for the first time. And since then, I have carried it for another 3 occasions(including today).

Anyway, I thought they are just going to have a look at the bag. Really didn't expect that they'll keep my bag so I wasn't mentally prepared at all.
I was given a receipt stating "repair" but my SA told me they are not going to send it for repair. Instead, they are going to take some photos and write a report which will be submit to Hong Kong, which will then submit it to Paris (don't ask me why through Hong Long first cos I really have no idea..I was too tired to ask for details). From there, they'll see if there had been any similar report elsewhere..

To be honest, I am really worry of my bag. I think I will call my SA tomorrow to let her know if in any case they decide to do any repair job on my bag, to notify me first before they do it.
My past bad experience sending bag in for repair (it was Chanel not LV) really scares me off sending another bag for repair. And of course I have also heard some bad experience from TPF member here who had her bag sent for repair with LV..:sad:
For the moment, I can only pray that whoever who will be handling my beloved bag would handle it with care..