At what point would you consider the reseller route?

I love many Hermes products but I am unlikely to buy the desired amount to obtain a B or K where I live. I do not like any of Hermes other bags so accessories such a bracelets, perfume, shoes and homewares take some time to add up. I will go the reseller route if I can find the perfect bag for me. I am quite specific in what I am after and actually prefer a retired leather as a first preference. I will be in Paris next year and I will try my luck there for a brand new bag but if unsuccessful will be happy to buy a new condition B or K from a reseller.

Hi lovely ladies(and gents), I'd love to get some advices from you...
I entered the H world 1.5 years ago and my dream bag has always been a light grey K28. The most ideal color for me seems to be Gris Perle but H no longer makes it, Gris Mouette might work too but my SA said our store won't be getting it any more... Recently I found a gently used 2013 Gris Perle K32 from an reseller.. should I get it??

In the past I've always bought new bags that's why I'm hesitant about used bags, but then it seemed impossible otherwise to get my favorite color, unless I want for couple more years and hope H will come out of new true grey? The new Gris Asphalt is too brownish for me too...

Do you only buy new from boutiques? What would you do in my case? Thanks a ton!!

I was offered the chance to get Gris perle kelly 28 palladium hardware (or it might have been a 32?) new from store in March of this year so it was available earlier this year (at least in my home store). While I was debating to see this bag vs a different bag it was sold to another client by a different sales associate. So far I have only bought new from store (3 b/k bags) but I would consider buying from a reputable reseller if the bag was in excellent condition and the price was reasonable. I've learned that I shouldn't settle just because I was offered a bag in the store because in the end I wasn't fully happy. The kelly I purchased in store had all the specs I wanted (color, leather type Hardware etc) except it was size 35 and I wanted 28 or 32. I wish I hadn't settled as I haven't even used the bag and am thinking of consigning it and waiting to get the same bag 1 or 2 sizes smaller. But I have been checking out fashionphile, annafabulous finds, yoogis closet and will consider the reseller route if I get too impatient [emoji28]

In summary I believe you should get exactly what your heart desires and not settle. I have not seen the Gris perle kelly 28 or 32 often in my preloved search. If this bag is in great condition, and you can have it authenticated for piece of mind, I think the reseller route is a great option for you in this case.

Last edited:
I was offered the chance to get Gris perle kelly 28 palladium hardware (or it might have been a 32?) new from store in March of this year so it was available earlier this year (at least in my home store). While I was debating to see this bag vs a different bag it was sold to another client by a different sales associate. So far I have only bought new from store (3 b/k bags) but I would consider buying from a reputable reseller if the bag was in excellent condition and the price was reasonable. I've learned that I shouldn't settle just because I was offered a bag in the store because in the end I wasn't fully happy. The kelly I purchased in store had all the specs I wanted (color, leather type Hardware etc) except it was size 35 and I wanted 28 or 32. I wish I hadn't settled as I haven't even used the bag and am thinking of consigning it and waiting to get the same bag 1 or 2 sizes smaller. But I have been checking out fashionphile, annafabulous finds, yoogis closet and will consider the reseller route if I get too impatient [emoji28]

In summary I believe you should get exactly what your heart desires and not settle. I have not seen the Gris perle kelly 28 or 32 often in my preloved search. If this bag is in great condition, and you can have it authenticated for piece of mind, I think the reseller route is a great option for you in this case.

Thank you for sharing your story allure244! I am so sorry that the Gris Perle K was sold to someone else just like that!! I would be so disappointed if I were you... did you end up getting another grey/neutral bag that you love?
It's great to know GP is still in production, but I feel like my store(US) is getting a lot less color than other countries, or maybe I'm not VIP enough to be offered such sought after color/size combo... I hate to settle too for such a high price tag item.. but like you said I'm losing patience:eek: :P
May I ask what country you're in and what leather was the Gris Perle you were offered?:amuse:

Thank you for sharing your story allure244! I am so sorry that the Gris Perle K was sold to someone else just like that!! I would be so disappointed if I were you... did you end up getting another grey/neutral bag that you love?
It's great to know GP is still in production, but I feel like my store(US) is getting a lot less color than other countries, or maybe I'm not VIP enough to be offered such sought after color/size combo... I hate to settle too for such a high price tag item.. but like you said I'm losing patience:eek: :P
May I ask what country you're in and what leather was the Gris Perle you were offered?:amuse:

I'm in the US as well. I believe it was Togo. I was considering the bag but was nervous about color
transfer with wearing a light colored kelly with the strap so I was debating whether or not to look at the bag. Plus I really wanted gold hardware and the one in store was palladium. I ended up purchasing a craie birkin 25 GHW that day as it's handheld and less worry for color transfer compared to shoulder bag. I hope to get a kelly 28/32 in etoupe soon. I think I will try to be patient and hold out for this color kelly new from store as the color is more common. However there are definitely colors I search for on the preloved market that aren't available now such as rose tyrien, rose shocking, rose confetti, rose Sakura. Can u tell I have been obsessed with pink recently? [emoji23]

I'm in the US as well. I believe it was Togo. I was considering the bag but was nervous about color
transfer with wearing a light colored kelly with the strap so I was debating whether or not to look at the bag. Plus I really wanted gold hardware and the one in store was palladium. I ended up purchasing a craie birkin 25 GHW that day as it's handheld and less worry for color transfer compared to shoulder bag. I hope to get a kelly 28/32 in etoupe soon. I think I will try to be patient and hold out for this color kelly new from store as the color is more common. However there are definitely colors I search for on the preloved market that aren't available now such as rose tyrien, rose shocking, rose confetti, rose Sakura. Can u tell I have been obsessed with pink recently? [emoji23]

I was offered an etoupe K28 PHW last month and turned it down!! Only if we could swab!!!:facepalm: LOL
Knowing that GP is still offered in US makes me want to wait now instead of getting the preloved bag from 2013... but it's such a gamble! And I'm super indecisive :tdown:
So you did see the bag irl? Was it very light like almost white?

You are not the only one obsessed with pink lol, I'm waiting for Rose Extreme and Pourpre for the upcoming season too, I'm a fuchsia girl:love:

I was offered an etoupe K28 PHW last month and turned it down!! Only if we could swab!!!:facepalm: LOL
Knowing that GP is still offered in US makes me want to wait now instead of getting the preloved bag from 2013... but it's such a gamble! And I'm super indecisive :tdown:
So you did see the bag irl? Was it very light like almost white?

You are not the only one obsessed with pink lol, I'm waiting for Rose Extreme and Pourpre for the upcoming season too, I'm a fuchsia girl:love:

Haha. [emoji178][emoji175][emoji307] pink. No I didn't see it in person. I was browsing for other things in the store for about 20 min while debating if I should look at the bag in person or not since it wasn't my first choice. By the time I decided to view it someone else had it in their possession. I did look at an epsom Gris perle wallet to get an idea of the color while debating the bag and it was a very pale grey.

Reactions: MiniNavy
Gris perle is so pretty. I fall into the camp that would rather have the exact bag I want than wait for it to show up in boutique. Also don't mind if a bag has been gently used, and if I am planning on using it a LOT and the price is fair, I don't even mind more than gently.
If my HG crossed my path at a good price I'd snap it up no matter who was selling it :heart:

Haha. [emoji178][emoji175][emoji307] pink. No I didn't see it in person. I was browsing for other things in the store for about 20 min while debating if I should look at the bag in person or not since it wasn't my first choice. By the time I decided to view it someone else had it in their possession. I did look at an epsom Gris perle wallet to get an idea of the color while debating the bag and it was a very pale grey.

Yes pale grey is what I'm looking for! Not even Gris T( as beautiful as it is), I think I am almost ready to make a decision with all the enabling here:giggle:
but you got me thinking about color transfer, because I do plan to carry it cross body and I wear black jeans almost every day lol, and I'm sure Hermes won't recommend applying any protective cream on the bag... sigh we just can't have it all LOL

Gris perle is so pretty. I fall into the camp that would rather have the exact bag I want than wait for it to show up in boutique. Also don't mind if a bag has been gently used, and if I am planning on using it a LOT and the price is fair, I don't even mind more than gently.
If my HG crossed my path at a good price I'd snap it up no matter who was selling it :heart:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts QuelleFromage:heart::heart: I am so encouraged! I feel like I need to be more open to options (including other aspects of life lol), then I will be a more relaxed and happy person:P

My first b was from a reseller. Did I overpay?? absolutely...but I got exactly what I wanted immediately. The reseller even came to my home and brought several of the same bag in different sizes and hardwares to make sure I saw everything. My home boutique, at the time, had not treated me well as I was a new client. I was told I was a newcomer and the exceptional bags were for clients that had been good customers. So I understood that I had to purchase items and develop a relationship with a somewhat snooty sa. I did eventually get offered a b but honestly, that first b was one I will never forget.

My first and only K was from a reseller. It was a size/colour/hardware that really captivated me. I definitely did overpay (I did my research) but it beats playing the game at the boutiques. Do I still want to try get a B/K at the boutique? Yes of course, but when the right one presented itself from a reseller, I didnt hesitate [emoji23]

I think that's my dilemma, the bag I'm considering now is not the exact bag I want but close enough... I want a K28 Gris Perle Togo while this one is K32 GP clemence... I wish I could be strong and not give in just like the other ladies mentioned, but I've searched for over a year and didn't see my dream bag pop up at all, I don't know if it will ever come up... GP is rare on the market so I really don't know if I should just take this one....:confused1:

when what you're searching for is particularly hard to find, you can always get a 'substitute' for the time being and then sell/rehome that bag when you eventually find your true dream. That's what I did while waiting for my HG barenia B. My SA knew I wanted barenia above all else but who knew when that would ever arrive. So I bought a gold togo B in the meantime as a substitute and sold it when my barenia B showed up out of the blue last December. You can always get the clemence K32 in gris perle now and then see what happens :smile:

when what you're searching for is particularly hard to find, you can always get a 'substitute' for the time being and then sell/rehome that bag when you eventually find your true dream. That's what I did while waiting for my HG barenia B. My SA knew I wanted barenia above all else but who knew when that would ever arrive. So I bought a gold togo B in the meantime as a substitute and sold it when my barenia B showed up out of the blue last December. You can always get the clemence K32 in gris perle now and then see what happens :smile:

Thank you for the great idea! I might just do that ;) I think it will also give me an idea of how my yet-to-arrive HG will actually suit my lifestyle, maybe I will love the "substitute" so much that I will change my wish list to something else lol