At what age did you get married?

I was 21 when I got married. I swore I would have to be able to drink at my own wedding. :nuts: We were together for 4 years before we took the plunge. I met him when I was 16 and we started dating when I was 17. This year we will celebrate our 2 year anniversary. :yahoo:

I was 5. We both liked the same cartoons and went to the same Kindergarten.

One day his mom dropped him off to play and we decided to just do it. Starwars was big and we being the hip 5 year olds we were at the time, we decided to pretend we were ewokes during the ceremony.

LOL Japster!!

I've been with my bf for 6 years, still no plans to get married. Why ruin a good thing?

For me personally, I'd rather wait until I'm 100% sure it's what I want rather than end up being a divorced 20-something. Don't let anyone pressure you to get married, especially not your family. You have to do what you feel is right when it's right for you.

I married my husband when I was 22 . We were together for almost 4 years before we got married, engaged after 1 1/2 years. Now 7 years later still going strong. Don't rush into it if your not ready! But DO know, I think everyone has cold feet before the big step, I know I did and most people I know as well.

DH and I had known each other only a year when we got married. We had dated for about 9 months and lived together for 7 months. I was 27 years old (we just celebrated our 13th anniversary!) ;)

hibiscusgirly said:
I married my husband when I was 22 . We were together for almost 4 years before we got married, engaged after 1 1/2 years. Now 7 years later still going strong. Don't rush into it if your not ready! But DO know, I think everyone has cold feet before the big step, I know I did and most people I know as well.

This is true - I think having cold feet is a natural thing. I know a lot of people that felt that way right before their wedding. But you have to decide whether its just that or whether you truly are not ready to make that type of commitment. No one else can make this decision for you. :flowers: