At what age did you get married?

1. Hi Everyone,

I'm turning 26 this year and already I feel the pressure from my Asian parents to get married. My SO, that I love dearly, purposed this year and although, my parents were so happy about this, I don't personally feel like I'm ready for this big step. I don't know if its cold feet or what??

So I'm curious... At what age did you tie the knot? And how long were you with your SO before saying "I do"?
  2. I lived with my husband for nearly 10 years before getting married. I was 41 when we got married in January.
  3. I got married last year at 31. I had been with my DH for nearly 5 years prior to that. We knew we wanted to get married one year into the relationship, but we weren't in a rush, and waited until the timing was right. My parents were fretting like you wouldn't believe! I think they thought we were going to live together forever without tying the knot. I had a great time teasing my poor dad..... :p
  4. I got married last year in October ..we had been together for 8 years before we got married :smile: So I was 26
  5. I'm still engaged at the moment, but will be 28 when we get married. My parents started applying pressure on us when we decided to move in together, that was about over 3 years ago :lol:
  6. met him when we were 12. then we were pen pals for a couple years, seeing eachother during the summer. didn't meet up for another 5 years. ran into eachother in NY then dated for 6 months, engaged for 7 months and married at 21 for almost 3 years! i know this sounds crazy, but everyone has their own timetable. if you're not ready, then that's fine. marriage is not something to rush into or get pushed into by others.
  7. I got married at 27y.o,3yrs ago. Known my husband since high school more than 10 years ago.
  8. I got married 9 years ago when I was 28. April will be 10 years married, but this Dec. will be 20 years together!!!!!
  9. i got married when i was 28. we didn't even have any wedding or anything, we just got registered and went off on our honeymoon. considering that we are asians, my parents are cool about everything, basically it was up to us to do whatever makes us happy! and this is our 6th year together, still happily. :love:
  10. I was married 6 days short of my 30th birthday. My DH and I had a bit of a whirlwind romance - we dated, got engaged and were married in 10 months.
  11. I got married at 21 (6.5 yrs ago)...we knew each other for about 4 months or so.
  12. i got married one month before my 24th birthday.
  13. You are at a reasonable age to get married, so that's not the issue. The issue is that you are having doubts - so there's no way you should allow yourself to be pressured into a marriage when you have doubts! You need more time - so take more time!! :smile: Much better to resist the pressures at this point than it is to have to start divorce proceedings later on down the line!!
  14. 22:nuts:
  15. i was 20 when i got married. we have been married for almost 14 years.
    we went to HS together. I married my best friend and can trully say that even until this day i am still in love with him.

take your time in making your decision to wed. do it when you are ready and for the right reasons, not because you are feeling pressured by your parents.