Assuming you know it's authentic, would you still never buy used LV?

i wouldnt buy a use bag...im not a germoholic or anything like tha ti just prefer new bags :smile: i guess its just something instilled in me... :smile: i kinda wish i wasnt like that because some of you guys get AWESOME deals!!!

I would most likely need to see it in person. If it is something I HAD to have and its no longer in the store, I may make an exeception..I would much rather pay more money and have something brand new. I am very particular about my bags, what is put inside them, where they are put down, etc. Not to mention there are so many scams, esp with digital imaging.

Possibly, but only if I could see it in person. I much prefer the black Epi with the gold hardware, and am on the lookout.....

I'm super sensitive to smells, and you can't 'see' that in an online store or auction.

I don't buying used LV since for some that's the only way I could afford them. Some of the retail prices are as a poster on another thread said are made for Oprah money only. I have an Epi Gobelins that I bought from Let-trade that was made 1996, and it still looks gorgeous. It might have a few scratch marks, but I plan to be carrying the bag in Europe so I'm sure I'll add a few to those myself.

Londongirl

for me i will not for those model that is still available.... i remember i saw a mid age lady spitting out food in a tissue and put it in her speedy gosh it pretty :sick: ....

I have bought used LV bags but they have to be in a really good shape. Patina is ok but no stains etc. Why? My closest LV-store is in another country so it's easier (and faster) to buy bags from "our ebay" than to travel every time just to go shopping for LVs. And sometimes it's possible to find bags which are no longer being sold in stores.

My very first LV was used: a friend of mine wanted to sell her Denim Baggy PM after using it a couple of times because she didn't like it that much (it was too small for her :smile:). So I got it really cheap and it was in perfect condition.

Of course when I'm in a place with an LV store I like to do my shopping there.