Asians & Hermes

Not sure if you ladies have seen this, but I happened to stumble on Youtube Jamie Chua's channel where she actually takes you on a complete tour of her wardrobe - even to the point where she admits she has more lingerie than her bags and shoes and we know how many bags she has!

I am actually really surprised how well she speaks English and I totally didn't expect her to sound like that. I expected her to have a slightly higher pitched voice. Plenty of close ups of her bags and her jewellery.... ENJOY!

JC's wardrobe contents takes conspicuous consumption to new heights hat's fer sure. As the shoe collection was rolling by, I thought hope her size never changes because that's a hellalot of shoes to sell off, though she might consider lopping off a toe or two. (not serious on that btw) She does speak English quite well, which is no easy feat and required a lot of dedication, so hats off to you, Jamie. Here's a thought, you can always open your own pop up store if you reach the point on not being able to cram any more H purses on those shelves.

If DH ever thinks too much is spent on clothing, etc., one need only to play this vid and I think that will zip the lips.

Not sure if you ladies have seen this, but I happened to stumble on Youtube Jamie Chua's channel where she actually takes you on a complete tour of her wardrobe - even to the point where she admits she has more lingerie than her bags and shoes and we know how many bags she has!

I am actually really surprised how well she speaks English and I totally didn't expect her to sound like that. I expected her to have a slightly higher pitched voice. Plenty of close ups of her bags and her jewellery.... ENJOY!

JC's wardrobe contents takes conspicuous consumption to new heights hat's fer sure. As the shoe collection was rolling by, I thought hope her size never changes because that's a hellalot of shoes to sell off, though she might consider lopping off a toe or two. (not serious on that btw) She does speak English quite well, which is no easy feat and required a lot of dedication, so hats off to you, Jamie. Here's a thought, you can always open your own pop up store if you reach the point on not being able to cram any more H purses on those shelves.

If DH ever thinks too much is spent on clothing, etc., one need only to play this vid and I think that will zip the lips.

As a Singaporean, isn't English likely to be one of her first languages?

Yeah, but the accent - like if she spoke over the phone I would not have picked up the fact that she is Singaporean (you know with the 'lah' at the end of every sentence, etc.) she sounds almost, British to an extent (that is what I meant by her speaking English so well). :smile:

English is our first language in Singapore. Mandarin, Tamil and Malay are our second. We were a British colony before. When I go to the U.K, people think I speak with an American accent, but when I'm in the USA, they think I speak with a British accent. So that's why we sometimes call it singlish i.e. Singapore English.