Asian women & their birkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The assistant manager at my local LV store told me that this year's fall/winter collection had a number of Asian models and that the clothes were geared towards Asian customers... Apparently LV does REALLY well in Asia. Which doesn't surprise me, Asian women seem to LOVE their purses!

true_blue_gal said:
I'm from Hong Kong. I go to school in the states though. I think there are quite a few Hermes in Hong Kong. I would recommend going to Landmark, Lee Garden and the Peninsula. They have all the upscale designer boutiques. You'll love it there. Then again there are second hand stores around every corner in Causeway Bay. You should see if you can get a birkin for a good deal!

Thanks, I've got these written down! I can't wait to see the Peninsula, I wonder if it's as good as the Chicago one which I frequent for "mini vacations." :amuse:

If I run across my Birkin in HK, I will buy it...haven't seen any Birkins in Chicago Hermes at all! Ever!

jessieee12 said:
As for Mr. Lau mentioned in the earlier posts. Yea he tends to buy a lot of Birkins because he gives them out to his lovers. In a way I tend to think he cheapens the Hermes name (though he's like a huge VIP) cuz of that.

I would hope that people who carry Birkins are elegant and classy women. Not like women who sleep around with an old, rich, guy.
I hope so too...

I admire women who work hard & save up for their Birkin or Kelly...:amuse:

There's the airport too. I'm always surprised to see bags there since they get SO much traffic. The best bet for finding good items would be to get there just before golden week. I would expect they would be more heavily stocked then, if at all possible.

coco-nut said:
There's the airport too. I'm always surprised to see bags there since they get SO much traffic. The best bet for finding good items would be to get there just before golden week. I would expect they would be more heavily stocked then, if at all possible.

What's golden week?

clanalois said:
What's golden week?
It's the Japanese holiday season. It's in late April, early May. The cherry blossoms usually bloom that week and the country pretty much stops working and goes off on vacation - usually shopping :amuse: And often to nearby countries. I think there are four major holidays in that week's span.

coco-nut said:
I've been to a few Hermes stores at airport duty-free and I only see Garden Partys or the canvas totes. Never any other leather bags :sad: I once asked an airport Hermes store SA & she told me that Hermes airport stores usually don't stock leather bags.

In any case, I will still look whenever I'm at the airport duty-free! :biggrin:

coco-nut said:
It's the Japanese holiday season. It's in late April, early May. The cherry blossoms usually bloom that week and the country pretty much stops working and goes off on vacation - usually shopping :amuse: And often to nearby countries. I think there are four major holidays in that week's span.

Wow that's amazing. :biggrin: Thanks for the info.

Clanalois, these are the Hermes stores in HK...I've been to the Peninsula Hotel store and the one at Sogo. The one at Peninsula was where I saw a beautiful Caramel chevre Kelly which was gone the next day when I went back again! :nuts:

You could probably spent a day visiting all the stores to check out the bags! I think it'll be fun to do just that! :smile:

Hermes Hong Kong

Sun Plaza Galleria Duty Free
1/F, 8 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon
Tel. + 852 2302 6888
Fax + 852 2375 3257

Peninsula Hotel
W12-14 Peninsula Hotel, Salesbury Road, Kowloon
Tel. + 852 2368 6739
Fax + 852 2367 2687

The Galleria Shop
G08/09 The Galleria, 9 Queen's Road Central
Tel. + 852 2525 5900
Fax + 852 2877 1748

Pacific Place
Level 3, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty
Tel. + 852 2522 6229
Fax + 852 2552 9371

Sogo
G24, 555, Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay
Tel. + 852 2575 5424
Fax + 852 2575 7244

The Lee Gardens
Shop 02-04, 33 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay
Tel. + 852 2907 2974
Fax + 852 2907 4897

Hong Kong International Airport 6E164 Boutique
6E164 Level 6 East Hall
Passenger Terminal Building
Lantau
Tel. + 852 2261 0861

IFFAH said:
By the way, anyone have pics of Japanese women with their birkins?? I love Japan!!!!

there are quite a lot pics of Japanese women in japanese fashion magazines such as VIVI, JJ, i buy em almost regularly, i'll scan some of the pics & post em as soon as i have time ;) !
i love japan too, since the first time i read manga n watched anime..:smile:

btw, cecilia cheung wasnt that skinny back then (in "fly me to polaris" she wasnt that bony),am i rite? imo she looks prettier that way..

I am also asian and I have a gold birkin.
I would love many more, but not probably not in the near future.

Why are asian women sterotype to be purse fanatics?

Speaking of Cecilia Cheung, has anybody seen "the promise"?
I love Jang Dong Gung :smile:

tan2 said:
there are quite a lot pics of Japanese women in japanese fashion magazines such as VIVI, JJ, i buy em almost regularly, i'll scan some of the pics & post em as soon as i have time ;) !
Thanks tan2! It'd be great to see more pics of Asian women or celebrities with their Hermes :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.