as a first LV purchase--

1. Should i go with a speedy or a BH?

I'm 5'7" and mostly carry shoulder bags...i was pretty much sold on the BH, when i started thinking that it looks like most of my other bags... which is good and bag. It's good b/c i would probably use it alot, it's a style i'm comfortable with...

But it's bad cuz part of me it getting bored of shoulder bags, so i'm wondering if i should go with a speedy... if so what size?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated! Let me know what you think regarding size, comfort, and how much you can actually fit into a speedy..
  2. If you go for speedy, don't go any smaller than 30. You can't go wrong with either bag!
  3. I'm the same height, and I love my Speedy 25. But everyone's different - I suggest going to a store if possible, and see which one you like best in person.
  4. I found I liked the size of the Speedy 25 much better than the 30 but that's just me...

I'd suggest going to the store and trying on a couple bags to see which ones you like best.
  5. speedy 30
  6. i'm 5'4" and the Speedy 25 looks better on me, but for you i think the Speedy 30 would look OK.

so it's not the Batignolles Horizontal anymore, hey? :lol:
  7. i'm just 5'1 and i've got a speedy 30 - i love big bags... i totally reckon you should get a speedy... just try out a couple of sizes when you get to the LV store!!! weeeeeee heeeeeee! have fun!!!!
  8. i don't know yet... i luv both styles.. it's just that the BH style keeps showing up in my wardrobe..

how about a regular batignolle as a compromise... what do you guys think? Does anyone have pics of the regular batignolle on?
  9. it's eluxury for me since i don't live near any LV boutiques :sad:
  10. I personally think the speedy 25 is just right you can fit so much inside of it. I think the other speedy's are too bigbut that's only my opinion.

I don't use my speedy quite as much as my other bags often of one of the following reasons:-
    1) it's raining and I don't want to get waterspots on the handles (i have the MONO)
    2) It's a hot day (doesn't happen often!) and I don't want sweaty hand marks on the handles :yucky:
    3) I am shopping and I need free hands ;)

Just a few things to think about.

There is one question though, what look do you want from the bag i.e. smart or casual? and do you want a big/roomy bag or a small one?
  11. I would go with the Speedy 30. I am only 5'3" and I love it. Of course I LOVE big bags. For shopping I just keep it on my forearm.
  12. Speedy 30 as a first bag! :yes: BH as a second LV! :graucho:
  13. I think it depends on if you like handheld bags or shoulder bags better. I've always preferred shoulder bags, and my very first bag was a popincourt haut. I bought a speedy about 3 bags later.
  14. I like the Speedy 30, but as others have said, it's a matter of personal preference.
  15. oh my gosh...that's exactly what i did in the last 2 weeks :yes: . i found a great deal on a pre-:heart: 'ed authentic speedy 30 & then bought a BH next from elux :love: