Artificial nails -

Well, you're doing further harm to your nails by "popping" them off. The ridges are probably a reaction to the product. Try something more hypoallergenic, like Creative's Brisa Gel. It's great for more sensitive wearers of acrylic.

i just got pink and whites when i asked for wraps, but im not even sure what that means either LOL. i usually just get a french manicure. but im a very active person, and while i was shooting some hoops they are just so long! I'm thinking of having them removed, like liz im not used to it. I'm first going to try to shorten them tomorrow and then we'll see how it goes.

Well, you're doing further harm to your nails by "popping" them off. The ridges are probably a reaction to the product. Try something more hypoallergenic, like Creative's Brisa Gel. It's great for more sensitive wearers of acrylic.
Are those gel nails? Bcuzz I've never worn those. I just always get the Tammy Taylors.

I'm thinking of having acrylic nails done when I go for my manicure this Friday... but I have never done it before so I have some questions to ask of those who have more experience...

I am thinking of having them done in a dark red - will having long acrylic nails make me look like the Wicked Witch of the West with talons, or worse, claws? I could always do them in silver or French, but I have a red dress I'd like to match them to.

Also, can they be removed at any time? I heard from a friend that they have to be buffed to be removed - how long do these things last, anyway? Will they chip easily?

TIA! :supacool:

I think with the red keep it a shorter length. Because you're going to be matching it with the dress it won't be so "ooh, look at her red nails". I got mine professionally removed...which just involved them sliding a piece of plastic under the acrylics to help peel it off :Push: In my experience it's not really the chipping you have to worry about. Nailpolish on acrylic lasts way longer than on natural nails. It's more about the regrowth from your cuticle. My nails grow fast so it's a bane for me. This is where refills come in to play.

I just had mine done 2 days ago and i love my acrylic nails, i've been having them for almost a year, there are no damages to my nails and i always get tons of compliment. about this red nails stuff, i always tend to think that it'd look better with shorter nails, i have no idea what length u're going to get but personally i love red nails, go and paint it whatever color u want, it's ur nails and that's all that matters. I always get mine removed by a professional and it'll only take awhile but it does get expensive if ur nails grow out fast meaning u have to get refill more. =)

Thanks for the advice ladies! ;)
I am going to see my manicurist tomorrow and ask her for her recommendations and pick a nice color. Now I'm toying with the idea of silver nails!

Not good for your nails long term and make sure you go to a reputable place that sterilizes their products between clients. You can get bad fungus under your nails and ruin them.

Good luck!

my advice is don't get acrylics, but if you're married to the idea, don't get them in a dark color. if you want medium to dark nails, just do your regular ones.

Red nails are hot. But as they've posted before, red nail varnish looks way better on shorter nails. So If you're going for length, I'd recommend getting a more neutral varnish. I've never personally had them, just my thoughts.