article bout lip balm addiction (LBA)

1. A recent study Dr. Brad Radu at the University of Alabama at Birmingham indicates lip balm can have harmful effects. See further info below. LBA will be monitoring this study closely and will bring you further updates.
    Overuse of a balm or jelly creates a crust on the lips which traps bacteria and fungi creating a state of permanent inflammation. The lips become irritated and the temptation is to apply even more balm, which just exacerbates the problem. To avoid this condition, known as cheilitis, it's a good idea to leave off lip balms and jellies every now - rather than routinely applying them each morning - so you give your lips a chance to 'breathe' naturally.

girls, what do you think??

2. Really interesting. I totally believe your lips become reliant on lip glass/balm
  3. The link didn't go anywhere for me. :confused1:
    Cheilitis is just a fancy word for severe chapped lips. I would want to see more information about this study such as which products they used. It could be a reaction to an ingredient in the balm. I added bold for emphasis.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]US Pharm.2005;5:68-69[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Link[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]