Arroz con Pollo - VERY spicy!

1. I made this last night for dinner - it is one of my faaavorite dishes because I LOVE spicy food. Unfortunately, after one small bowl my boyfriend had finished a can of ice tea and a can of diet soda before he had to throw in the towel :lol: Anyway, if you love your food picante this is for you!

1 box Goya yellow rice
    Chicken cutlets (3 is sufficient)
    1 small can of del monte sweet peas
    1 jalapeño, chopped with seeds (I use a larger one, if you like it less spicy the smaller the better)
    Cilantro (about half a cup un cut), coarsely chopped
    1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, chopped
    1 lime
    Salt, pepper, and cajun spices (optional)

In a medium saucepan heat about 5 tablespoons of EVOO. Keep your heat at medium. Add your cilantro, diced jalapeño (include the seeds!!!), chopped onion and garlic. Cut your lime into 4 slices. Squeeze one slice into the mixture and drop the entire slice (skin and all) into the mixture. Cut chicken into bitesized pieces, and add to the mixture once the mixture has began to sizzle. Cover for 5 minutes, stirring the chicken mixture once while it's covered. While you're doing this you can also have the rice cooking - simply follow the directions on the back of the Goya box. Up the heat on your chicken to medium high. Squeeze a second piece of lime into the mix and now onto the chicken. Drop lime in the pan, skin and all. Recover at high heat, stirring occasionally until the meat is browned. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and cajun spices into the mixture while its cooking. The chicken should take only about 15 minutes total. When the rice is done, add the chicken AND remaining juices/sauce to the rice. Stir everything together and use the last two lime slices to squeeze on top of the entire dish. Mix, serve, and enjoy! :wlae:
  2. mmmm that sounds good!
  3. i hope to try it later this week... or maybe even beginning of next week.. thanks for the recipe..
  4. OMG, I am droooooooling. Im from the Caribbean, so I was raised on this.. sounds DELISH!
  5. Enjoy! I reheated the left over rice for lunch today! Mmm mm good!