Arrested Development?

1. I know it's long over, but it's one of my favorite shows EVER. Anyone else a fan?

2. I used to watch it. It's a shame they cancelled it! It had the best writing! I loved the bleeps throughout the show! And I loved it when Liza Minelli is on the show!

[Tobias discovers that George Sr. has been living in the attic]
    Tobias Fünke: What are you doing up here?
    George Sr.: I'm having a :censor: tea party, what does it look like I'm doing?
    [he shoves Tobias up against the wall with his hand against his mouth]
    George Sr.: I'm living up here and if you tell anyone about this, I will :censor: kill you. Ah, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass.

Michael: My mother is opposed to the idea of hiring a new attorney. She'll probably refuse to enter the room if she sees you.
    Wayne Jarvis: I shall hide behind the couch.
    [and he does just that]
    Michael: Guy's a pro.

Michael: [after George Sr. has been handed a jail sentence] They're going to keep Dad in jail until this whole thing gets sorted out.
    [silence amongst the family]
    Michael: Also, I've been told that the company's expense accounts have been frozen...
    [everyone gasps]
    Michael: ...Interesting. I would have expected that after "They're keeping Dad in jail."

Tobias Fünke: No, no, it's pronounced a-nal-ra-pist.
    Buster: It wasn't really the pronunciation that bothered me.

Lucille: What's a Forget-Me-Now?
    Gob: They're pills that create a sort of temporary forgettingness. So if somebody finds out how you do a trick, you just give 'em one of these, and they forget the whole thing. It's a mainstay of the magician's toolkit, like how clowns always have a rag soaked in ether.
    Tobias Fünke: Gob, this is Flunitrazepam. It's a roofie.
    Lucille: Those are illegal.
    Gob: Shut up, Mom. Don't make me give you another one of these.

Michael Bluth: Look, you can't risk leaving the attic any more.
    George Sr.: When have you seen me outside?
    Michael Bluth: Yesterday at the Ford Dealer.
    George Sr.: Yeah, well, have you seen those new Mustangs? I'm telling you - you could hump the hood.

Michael: I really think the reason you and I always fight is that, since we were little, Dad's always played us off each other.
    Gob: Dad always said that was your fault.

Gob: Tell you what we're gonna do: "Rock Paper Scissors" for it.
    Michael: No, no I'm not...
    Gob: One, two, three. Paper covers rock.
    Michael: It is a rock, though. Should beat everything.
    Gob: There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first." I mean, why should they...

3. omg it's such a damn coincidence that my DH is watching the dvd of the show and i saw this thread at the same time!!! yes i'm a fan and was very sad to learn that the show was cancelled. the entire cast was great and super entertaining but my absolute fav has to be buster. after the show cancelled i heard talks about different networks picking it up and HBO also but i guess that fell through.:sad:

4. Just us, huh? I love this show to death. I was laughing reading over those quotes again caitlin! Miss it...

5. i know!!! i thought there would've been more responses. :shrugs:

6. This is one of my favorites, too! Some cable network is running it right now, here. I had heard that HBO was picking it up, too. I wonder what happened with that?

7. I love Arrested Development. We have all three seasons on DVD.

No, HBO -the Home Builders Organization- as it was known in the show, isn't picking it up. Looks as if it is gone for good.

It's too bad, as evidenced by the number of responses here, so few people ever gave this show a chance.

8. Woo hoo! They show reruns now!

9. Love this show. I have the dvd's and watch them when I need a laugh. I love the jean shorts, and George Michael loving his cousin, and the rubber hand. Honestly, there's not an episode where I don't laugh out loud...and then look around.

10. LOVE it! I just saw one of the old episodes on TV and had a good laugh! Too bad the show was pulled.

11. Best. Show. Ever.

12. Love it! I miss it sooooo much.

13. :yahoo:this thread has inspired me to pull the dvd's out and enjoy the day. Every time I watch that show I see new stuff.

I am laughing here recalling the scene when Lucille is on the phone and Buster is chasing the bird around the house and she gets on to him and he says, "but it walked on my pillow".

I bought a cute top that says, "I don't understand the question and I refuse to answer it". From when that waitress asked Lucille "Plate or Platter?"

14. It's one of my favorites too... I loved Michael Cera in Superbad... hoping that Will Arnett's new movie will be good (saw the trailer this weekend). I really miss this show!! :sad:

15. I own all the DVD sets :smile: