Armani lovers? tell me more about their products...

krazydaisy

Feb 21, 2009
i have tried very little things from Armani and would like to explore more but am not sure yet. i would love to hear everyone's experiences about their cosmetics. so far i have tried and own their eyes to kill mascara, mascara base, and eyeliner....i also tried their lipgloss but it was kind of thick on my lips, did not care for it much. i sampled their foundation and tinted moisturizer. never tried their powder, lipstick, shadows, how are all the other products? tia!

I currently own:
Night Viper e/s quad (fall 2010)
Luminous Silk foundation
Blender blush
Eyes to Kill Mascara
2 Rouge d'Armani lipsticks (plum and pink)
Sample of face primer

With the exception of the lipsticks (but only because I own many from many brands) and the face primer (because it's quite pricey), I would re-purchase all of it!

I like the e/s quad because the colors work really well on me and it's so easy to use. I just started using the foundation and I love the coverage I get with just a little product. Together with the primer, my complexion looks great.
The blender blush works with any foundation. It distributes foundation very well and gives an airbrush finish!

The Eyes to Kill mascara is my HG mascara. It applies without clumping and it doesn't smudge or budge.

I have the two Rouge d'Armani lipsticks and they're very nice. They apply sheer but are pigmented with beautiful color. They are moisturizing. I normally use a lip pencil with these. I believe they do last, but I'm not very good with being careful, so I can't say for sure!

I would love to try their blushes and other e/s as I've heard good things about them! I hope this helps!

Eyes to Kill is my HG mascara too! i have it in black and the Blue Grey Night :heart:

I also have the bronzer in #1 (true deep brown with a gorgeous sheen and NO orangey undertones), blushing fabric in pink chiffon, powder blushes in 4 and 10, a lipstick, gloss, and mini foundation and blender brush set.

I love the mascara, bronzer, and blushes but I can't say much about the gloss or lipstick because i dont use them and I haven't really given the foundation much of a chance because the shade's a bit off. :P

girlygirl - what are your foundation shades and what do you use in LSF?

Last edited:
Eyes to Kill is my HG mascara too! i have it in black and the Blue Grey Night :heart:

I also have the bronzer in #1 (true deep brown with a gorgeous sheen and NO orangey undertones), blushing fabric in pink chiffon, powder blushes in 4 and 10, a lipstick, gloss, and mini foundation and blender brush set.

I love the mascara, bronzer, and blushes but I can't say much about the gloss or lipstick because i dont use them and I haven't really given the foundation much of a chance because the shade's a bit off. :P

girlygirl - what are your foundation shades and what do you use in LSF?

In LSF, I use #7! I'm NC30 at this time of year. I don't know how it'll look when I start to get sun again.

I'm a brunette and I tried the Blue Grey Night. I reeallly wanted this color but it just didn't show up. I was so bummed!

What shade do you use? Maybe you could get another color-match?
I'd really like to try their blushes next.

i had a sample of the face primer and girlygirl you are right it is a bit expensive. i have used my eyes to kill mascara a few times and so far have no complaints but i still do like lancome definicils. i bought the eyes to kill set and that's what came with all of it.i'm happy that the eyeliner works for me so far bc i mufe, and urban decay smudge on me but the armai doesn't. weird bc mufe and ud are waterproof and armani is not. i want to try their LSF foundation but need to get match, it's kind of hard to get match since i do not have an armani counter near me. i want to try their eyeshadows, are they well pigmented and do they blend easily? thanks girlies

Armani for me has the best foundation. I use their LSF, face fabric, and few of the D'Armani lipsticks. I love that they give an almost flawless finish, very smooth. I have heard that the LSF doesn't last long, and wears off quickly. But I have no reasons to be disappointed with it. The Armani website comes with a chart, that can greatly help narrow down the foundation and face fabric to match skin tones. I haven't yet found the perfect perfect foundation that matches me, so I mix in the LSF with the face fabric. It works absolutely great.
The D'Armani lipsticks come in awesome shades. They are creamy, non drying, and on me last longer than the Chanel Rouge Laque lipsticks. Some of my favorite shades are 102, 200, 201, 400, 601. The shades are divided into Beige, Brown, Pinks, Reds, and Plums and are assigned numbers. I wish though that they have better descriptions.

Armani for me has the best foundation. I use their LSF, face fabric, and few of the D'Armani lipsticks. I love that they give an almost flawless finish, very smooth. I have heard that the LSF doesn't last long, and wears off quickly. But I have no reasons to be disappointed with it. The Armani website comes with a chart, that can greatly help narrow down the foundation and face fabric to match skin tones. I haven't yet found the perfect perfect foundation that matches me, so I mix in the LSF with the face fabric. It works absolutely great.
The D'Armani lipsticks come in awesome shades. They are creamy, non drying, and on me last longer than the Chanel Rouge Laque lipsticks. Some of my favorite shades are 102, 200, 201, 400, 601. The shades are divided into Beige, Brown, Pinks, Reds, and Plums and are assigned numbers. I wish though that they have better descriptions.

I have not heard this but it explains my experience. Using the sample face primer didn't really help either. I'm going to have to find out about this at the counter

I have a Silk Lipstick. It's very creamy and has a high shine. I would like to buy another shade.

Sheer Powder Blush. Like it's name it is sheer but buildable. I have it in 02, a light peachy pink. Very happy with it!

Luminous Silk Foundation. I just recently purchased this and am still undecided. It makes my combination/ slightly dry skin appear drier. I think it would be a better summer foundation for me.

i'm thinking about trying the foundation because i've heard good reviews from it from everybody. But I don't have the opportunity to go to a store and get color matched for it......i'm thinking, if i'm an NC20-25 (depending on the season) in MAC, does that mean I'd be maybe a #4 or #4.5 in Armani? I'm hesitate to try and pick the shade on my own because it's so pricey for foundation.
I also wanna try out a couple lipsticks and lipglosses from Armani.

I have the bronzer in #1. Its lovely, very subtle and easy to work with.
I also have some blushes, my absolute favorite blush formula. They really make you look like you are glowing from within.
Eyes to kill mascara is tdf. Just all around the perfect mascara.
Shadows are nice and blendable and subtle.
I have tried several of the lipstick formulas, all of which were wonderful.

i'm thinking about trying the foundation because i've heard good reviews from it from everybody. But I don't have the opportunity to go to a store and get color matched for it......i'm thinking, if i'm an NC20-25 (depending on the season) in MAC, does that mean I'd be maybe a #4 or #4.5 in Armani? I'm hesitate to try and pick the shade on my own because it's so pricey for foundation.
I also wanna try out a couple lipsticks and lipglosses from Armani.

I would get swatched bc i googled armani's lsf and nc30-35 and it showed up on many blogs that i would be 4.5 for armani's foundation.

i tried the lipglosses and they were a bit too thick, but i think i will try again bc i had used it when i received in the mail and it was cold outside

I would get swatched bc i googled armani's lsf and nc30-35 and it showed up on many blogs that i would be 4.5 for armani's foundation.

i tried the lipglosses and they were a bit too thick, but i think i will try again bc i had used it when i received in the mail and it was cold outside

Wow, that's nuts. I'm NC30 and I'm using #7. Granted it does appear dark when I pump it on the back of my hand, but because you're using a small amount, it disappears beautifully into your skin.
I use 4.5 in BB's Skin Foundation, if that helps.

i'm sorry, i may have misread it so i'm not 100% right. i haven't tried armani's lsf yet bc i the closest counter is really far from me. and i haven't used mac foundation in a long time the last time i used it was spring and i was an nc30-35, now i am using BB compact foundation in natural [not sure what the number is] i was using chanel's 5 or 5.5 [forgot which number but it was also natural]. i sometimes take the gamble of buying foundations and hoping they would work. with bb [since there's no counter near me] i did take the gamble and buy the foundation compact. it's a tad bit darker thank expected but i can still wing the color and it will be perfect for me upcoming spring/summer

I've tried two Armani powder blushes, but I like Nars blushes much more (the non-glittery variety).

I love Armani lip waxes - they look natural & the color lasts on my lips for long periods of time. I apply mine with a lip brush over lip balm. I've tried the lip pencils & find them to be quite dry (I prefer a creamy or gel texture). I haven't found the right shade of Armani lipstick, but the formula is nice (creamy texture).

I would like to try the Eyes to Kill mascara in the Waterproof Formula, but I think it might be a little too "wet" for me (like Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes - drawn to it by the funky-medieval-weapon-like wand). I've found my grail mascara thus far in Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara - dramatic volume & length that doesn't smudge.

I do love the Armani packaging - very chic & understated.