Argh, my Blue Fonce Flap's strap broke - Pic of it

Dec 2, 2005
The thread is still attached, but the leather interwoven w/ the chain has come out. I've read a couple threads about the leather actually snapping, but mine is still intact, it's just come out. I'm just wondering if it is normal, since I can tuck it back in, or if I should take it to be fixed. TIA!

1-19-08002.jpg

1-19-08011.jpg

Attachments

• 1-19-08 002.jpg
    1-19-08 002.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 1-19-08 011.jpg
    1-19-08 011.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 68
sorry to hear that i have a blue fonce e/w flap but mine wasn't like this as lookin at the pic, urs is like splitting anytime. Maybe u can send back to Chanel to get them fixed it up.

Thank you Chanelle and Celia for your advice, it is very useful! I wanted to ask you girls first because this is my very first Chanel, and I didn't know if I'm being too picky (since the chain is still attached it and I can still "tuck" it back in)

Thank you Chanelle and Celia for your advice, it is very useful! I wanted to ask you girls first because this is my very first Chanel, and I didn't know if I'm being too picky (since the chain is still attached it and I can still "tuck" it back in)

I've carefully checked mine, what i usually do, i will "tuck" it back in unless the thread actually give way, then u need to send back to chanel for service:flowers:

Oh my gosh, it happened to you too, Celia? :sad: I didn't know it such a common thing, although I did hear that the chain is hand-sewn, so maybe it is more delicate.

Thank you for your advice :yes: :flowers:, I'm gonna go to my local Chanel tomorrow at Beverly Hills, and see what they can do. I heard that they have an in-store repair center there.

That happened to my new black caviar classic flap. I took it to Modern Leather Works in NYC for repair. It cost me $20 and they fixed it on the spot. If I took it to Chanel it would have taken months. Maybe you can find a good cobbler in your area to repair it. Its pretty easy.

Oh my gosh, it happened to you too, Celia? :sad: I didn't know it such a common thing, although I did hear that the chain is hand-sewn, so maybe it is more delicate.

Thank you for your advice :yes: :flowers:, I'm gonna go to my local Chanel tomorrow at Beverly Hills, and see what they can do. I heard that they have an in-store repair center there.

Yes sweetie, i think it seems to be a common thing if the chain is hand-sewn, therefore it tends to be more delicate.

Keep us posted abt ur bag, i'm sure they can do mend that:flowers:

this happened to me twice.. i exchanged the first bag and the second i returned.. the first one was within a month of purchase so i was able to exchange but the second was right after a price increase and they wanted me to pay the difference if i exchanged so i just returned it. which was dumb of me, i should have stood my ground because now that i think of it, it was the exact same bag!!

from your second pic, it looks like your thread has torn away.. and i think you should fix it before everything unravels.