Are your friends jealous of your LV's?

All my friends are like: Ooh, it is so beautiful.... Can I have it.... May I borrow it..
Then I go: Well, you should buy your own. You'r not gonna regret it.
But when they hear the price they'r like: Oh no, never will I spend that much on a bag. Think of how many cheap ones I could get.... and then the jokes start coming :P

I love them anyway :b

However I had a horrible experience on a date once. I wore my LV on a first date with this guy and noticed he kept looking at it. But besides that it was quite a fun night so decided to meet again. When I got to the bar on our second date I was wearing a different LV and the guy just went: "How many of these bags do you have? Well Im sorry but this doesnt look like a good idea after all" and left!!!
I still wonder today what was he thinking as I work hard for all my bags, its not like Im really rich and I bougth all of my bags by myself so Im not some sort of a goldigger either!

I had a similar experience. A guy I was on a date with checked the label on my bag because he wanted to make sure it wasn't a certain brand, because he equated that brand with high maintenance-ness.

I don't have many girlfriends, but my best friend loves designer bags, but my co workers are the problem, they always make fun of me for buying LV's they say all these things about how i'm wasting money, etc....
I personally think they are jealous because they dont budget their money properly to buy a luxury item instead they carry really ugly faux bags; however, I will say one of my closest friends at work is definitely upgrading due to me :smile: she went from target bags (not that there is anything wrong with that) to coach, so I think in a month or two she'll be buying LV :smile: lol

An old friend said that my Mini Lin was a weird color. We both have Mini Lins. She bought hers a month ago. I bought my purse more than a year ago. We live in San Francisco so it gets foggy and rainy. And I know my purse faded, and the LV Boutique said it was normal for my purse to fade. But I still felt bad. :sad::sad:

And it sucks that I have friends who are envious of my purse collection. They don't understand why I pay so much money for my purses. Then when I say, they were presents from my boyfriend, they go on and on about how instead of buying purses or traveling, we should save money to buy a house/get married/get ready for kids. Those are things I still want to do, but at the same time, one or two little LV purses a year can't hurt.

And it sucks that I have friends who are envious of my purse collection. They don't understand why I pay so much money for my purses. Then when I say, they were presents from my boyfriend, they go on and on about how instead of buying purses or traveling, we should save money to buy a house/get married/get ready for kids. Those are things I still want to do, but at the same time, one or two little LV purses a year can't hurt.

That is the same comments I used to get, now I dont bother telling most people about my bags, its none of their business.

Just ignore them and come onto TPF where you know everyone here loves your bags and we can all share our joy together!!!:okay::okay::heart:

My friends just roll their eyes. (then again none have lv's) So I dunno. Th just say how they would never spend that much on a bag. I use to be a member of this one mom forum, and I stopped going their because everytime I was happy because I got something designer, instead of them being happy for me,all they would say was, "That's the price of my rent for one month", or something to that effect. I stopped hanging there, because I started to feel bad, and found TPF! LOL! (I do believe those people were jealous).

My best friend is not a fashionista, she's a very simple gal and she doesn't care about labels: she would NEVER spend more than 100 euros on a bag and she doesn't carry designer bags or dresses. So def she is not jealous!

As for another female friend (less close), I would not choose the word "jealous" but I'd rather say that she's envious. She tells me that I'm always well dressed, that I have beautiful purses, but with other people she makes fun of me, of my purses, of my looks.. She's really envious because she wants what she can't have (and she behaves like this with almost everyone: I'm sure about this because she has made fun of other people with me, so I can certainly say that this is in her character).
But I really don't care: I carry my bags, I dress myself stylishly and I ignore her.. she just can't criticise me in that way..it's none of her business!! :boxing:

I don't even own one yet, but the friends who know I am planning on buying one in the (hopefully!) near, near future, react very differently. Most of my friends don't understand why I would pay so much for just one bag, but they accept it, because my designer addiction is part of me (I'm kinda the designer bimbo of the whole group... or school). My boyfriend understands - he has a thing for deejay-electronics and stuff like that, and also only wants the best, so he kinda gets why I like Louis.
It seems like one of my best female friends actually is already jealous! She constantly keeps telling me about how I don't need the bag, how I won't use it, and if I want an LV I should buy a fake one, because no one would see the difference anyway.
Yeah, right. So that's why she won't even accept a 'fake' beanbag, unless it's really a Fatboy?

I wonder if many of our friends/coworkers/family members just don't know what LV is? I have several fashionable friends who dress well, get their hair/nails done, but don't own any designer bags aside from the common Coach and Kate Spade styles. In all honesty, I don't think they have ever tried to branch out and explore other brands that are not part of the mainstream (sold in major department stores, advertised in magazines etc).