Are you taking your kids to see Transformer's?

1. Hey, mods...not sure if I am posting in the right place. Feel free to move me if needed...

Anyway, I am wondering. Finally, the Transformer's movie is rated, PG-13. My 5-yr-old is begging to go see this...what do you think? Are we ok to take him? Have you ever taken your young kids to an action movie?
  2. I can't wait to see this movie (I love special effects!) but my stepsons are 12, 12 and 14. IMO it might be a bit too much for a 5-year old. I mean just too scary, or something. I can't imagine that a movie about Transformers would have much gratuitous sex or foul language in it.

On the other hand, kids these days are bit more desensitized? But my gut feeling is still that it may be too scary.
  3. The preview scared the heck out of me!!!!

I think it would be way too much for a 5 year old.

4. :roflmfao:
  5. I usually watch trailers with my son to gauge his reaction to a movie. The trailer had lots of cars being thrown around etc and he wasn't so interested. Which is weird since he LOVES his transformers IRL.

He wants to go watch Ratatouille instead.
  6. As soon as the 12 rating became ok for kids to get in with an adult, i took my lil girl to quite a few 12 rated films and there were a surprising amount that were WAY unsuitable for her. Read as many reviews as you can and stick to your gut feeling x
  7. ^^Agree with you. I try to watch all the trailers and reviews beforehand.
  8. That's what I do. I mean, Harry Potter was PG-13 and I took Tristan when it came out. I think he was 9. Personally, I think you'll be fine cause it gets it's rating for the violence, and not for sexual content, and in this case, the violence isn't gratuitous, say like, Godfather or Pan's Labrynth. But hey, I'm rather liberal when it comes to this stuff.
  9. I'm not taking the kids, but I am taking the DH.
    He can't stop talking about it and wanting to see the special effects.
  10. We just watched all the trailers together and he did fine. He was not scared, in fact, all he said the names of the transformers when he saw them, that was all he was interested in. Both DH and I have talked about it in great detail, and we feel as long as we are there with him and he sees the previews and didn't go running and screaming, but is rather begging to see it, we are going to be ok.

He walked in on War of the Worlds, and loved the alien things that were walking around. I don't think this will scare him at all.
  11. Some of those parents movie guides are overanalyzing everything, but they might be good sites to check out. You'll know what exactly is in a movie and why it's rated that way.

I, personally, would not care if people showed 'bad attitude' in a movie. I would rather a character chainsaw a car in half than chainsaw a person. I wouldn't really care whether they drank or smoked anything in the movie, or what swear words were used (they can't be that bad, because it's a PG-13 movie).

For Transformers, you might want to look at what they say about the violence in the movie.

Also, maybe sit down with him the next time the preview is showing and talk about it with him.
  12. To add, my parents were careful, but they weren't overprotective when it came to movies.

Before I turned 18, if I wanted to see an R-rated movie, my dad would drive me to the theatre. He'd park and then buy the ticket. He'd then hand it to me and drive off. (But he wouldn't buy the ticket without checking out the movie out first. I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to buying the ticket if I wanted to see something really violent.)
  13. I really want to see Transformers! At first, I was excited about it because Zack Ward, who was Dave in Titus and Farkus in A Christmas Story is in it! Then, as I read the cast list, I got more and more excited (Shia LeBeouf! Yay!)

I remember the cartoon from when I was a little kid! I can even sing the theme song:

More than meets the eye!

Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons.

Robots in diguise.
    More than meets the eye.

14. MY older daughter isn't interested, she missed out on the 80's and resents her parents for it:p My husband can't wait to see it, oh Caitlin you took me back with the theme song, it's in my head now. We will be taking my stepson he's turning 9 next month. I think he can handle it.

GO AUTOBOTS:yahoo:
  15. Oh George...I can't wait! And I am such a girl...I didn't even know about tranformers until my nephew introduced me a couple years ago. But hello?!? Did anyone see that transformer go from a robot to a jet in no time!?! I can't wait!