Are you...High Maintence...Or..Down to earth??

To be honest, I don't know how to classify myself!

I mean, I buy a lot of expensive things but...I have a lot of cheap stuff too.
I'd say somewhere in the middle. I don't prefer wearing clothes that are from...say, a place that also sells food and stationary, but I don't shop at Chanel, DKNY, etc for clothes either. I buy the occasional Guess shirt (LOVE the outlets!) but I mainly shop at the generic clothing/shoe stores (in Canada) such as Garage, Dynamite, Payless, Transit/Spring, Aldo, etc.

I think in terms of accessories (excluding shoes) I like really expensive stuff like LV, D&G, Tiffany & Co. but clothing...meh! I'm going to grow out of it someday (or get fatter/skinnier) so I don't bother buying very expensive clothing!

I'm not sure if this thread is referring to high-maintenance in the way you act or put yourself together?
I would say that I am a high maintenance girl in the way I dress and take care of myself, but with a very low-key personality. My bf will also be the first to point fingers, telling me how inappropriate it is to wear heels to a ball game or makeup to the gym :rolleyes:
I guess I just love to pamper myself... I get my nails done every two weeks, get my hair done, get blowouts every so often, and LOOOOVE the spa and massages. I don't go to the extreme with buying all designer label clothing, I am usually just in some designer jeans, a cute top, and heels with whatever matching accessories, or a hot bebe or bcbg suit. Purses are definitely my most expensive vice. But yes, it does take a high maintenance girl to wear heels everyday! I don't leave the house without some makeup, and don't believe in wearing sweats in public (unless you are going to work out), even to the grocery store (Unless they are cute juicy couture or Victoria's secret PINK sweats!) I also don't buy expensive jewelry for myself, the only nice jewelry I have are gifts.

I guess this may give some people the impression that i'm stuck up or a b**** if they don't know me but that's completely not the case. I don't pass judgment on anyone by who they are or what they look like. I also believe in giving every stranger a smile to brighten their day :P I'm so cheesy (but hey, it works, and makes your day better to get smiles back). I guess I am just in the belief that putting your best "self" forward is the best way to go. It really does make a difference in the way I feel about myself daily, confidence wise, and in the type of service I get at stores, restaurants, pretty much anywhere! I am not a stuck up brat about having to shop at Target or pump my own gas for god sakes! So yes, I might be somewhat of a priss, I will not be the girl to go away on a week long camping trip with no running water or toilets, but i'm a nice priss! Haha!
I do NOT go into Walmart though, because they are an EVIL corporation:mad::mad::mad:. Everyone should boycott walmart by the way!

I totally agree with all of you...I think the majority of Louie Lovers are from a different mold.:yes: We are typical middle class folks, who work darn hard for our bucks..and enjoy endulging in a nice purchase every now and again...:yahoo:

Im down to earth. I work and save for my bags...and I always make sure I am giving to other people (IE charities) more than I am when it comes to buying bags for myself.

Flame me all you want but...I think it's kind of embarassing for women that demand bags from their husbands or get mad if they don't get everything on their wishlist. It's kind of gross actually. People like that usually aren't classy enough to trot around with an LV anyway.

Im down to earth. I work and save for my bags...and I always make sure I am giving to other people (IE charities) more than I am when it comes to buying bags for myself.

Amen to giving to charities! I was taught to give 10% of what you have to the needy. My parents do this for religious reasons (tithing), so I was raised to do so as well, and although my reasons for doing so are not the same it is personally enriching as well as makes you more appreciative of what you do have. 10% may sound like a lot but believe me, it comes back around.

I'm girly down to earth but think I'm high maintenance.... just love beautiful things... I'm a Libra. I've worked really hard for everything I have, no one has given me anything, and I've even supported a couple of guys stoopid me, but hopefully, I'm over that phase. I decided to really pamper myself with my new LV collection, but KNOW that I will use it the rest of my life, and I'm not really sure how long that will be... I try to live for each day and not cause anybody any pain. I love all animals... more than people... and, would do anything to protect them...

hmmm, I would say I am well rounded.....

I buy what I like, I am not stuck on a name, brand or price point...I will buy from target, etc if I like it, or I will buy from LV or Chanel if l like it...

But, I am with LV Love, I love to get my mani/pedi, spa, massages, all that stuff....I love to get dressed up and go out, but am just as happy to run around with no make-up, ponytail

I volunteer (school and hospital) and am I big giver to charities and try and do at least one random act of kindness everyday!

I'm not sure.....in the middle?
I love my LVs and right now it is the only brand of bags I will buy (I do have Coach though for really rainy days & college football games).
For clothes....I'm in the middle....I love designer jeans...but am equally happy shopping at places like Gap & JCrew....but I do love Bloomies & Saks!!
For shoes...I am sooooo down to earth....I actually bought 2 pairs of high wedges this summer thinking I'd wear them...and nope! I wear flip flops in the summer and runners or my Docs in the winter. No high end shoes here!
For jewelry....I couldn't care less. I have some Tiffany pieces and the rest are gifts with sentimental value attached and are probably worth nothing.

I don't get manicures, pedicures, or even regular haircuts...dang I'm just too busy...plus more money for purses.
I have an extremely laid back personality and a potty mouth and an Irish temper!
I don't "hang out" with people because they have money or wealth....or because they buy expensive things.
I prefer a heated intellectual political debate over a cocktail party anyday!!!!!!!!

I'd consider myself as in the middle too...I guess I buy expensive stuff because I find myself looking for quality than quantity..and have no problem dishing out $$ for something that looks good, will last long and feels good. I know my friends would buy a top that would cost $20 to wear for one night, but I would rather buy something that's $40-$60 and wear for a couple years (providing i have money to buy it). Also I'm still in university and live at home and work almost full time hours so I do earn my money and don't ask my parents to buy me my clothes or bags nor ask my boyfriend of 4 1/2 years. I like to know I buy my own things and can do it on my own! So I guess if that makes me high-maintenance then that is OK. hehe...

My name is JILLIANE and I LOVE SHOPPING!

I totally agree with all of you...I think the majority of Louie Lovers are from a different mold.:yes: We are typical middle class folks, who work darn hard for our bucks..and enjoy endulging in a nice purchase every now and again...:yahoo:

Yup! Thats totally me!!!!:smile:

I am down to earth when it comes to dressing or attitude but...I do have a weakness for LVs....and I do think that thats due to my preference of a no-nonsense approach to things...although some might not agree. The pieces are classic and can last, I work hard for my money and am choosie and careful about the things I buy. LV has it all for me and I feel smart about my choice.....

I am thankful for everything in my life and I let it show....I think thats the most important thing......:yes:

well, im only 12.... uh both... im not like some of the girls who curl their hair for school everyday, wear globs of makeup... but i do like nice stuff. i usually shop at Nordstroms... and sometimes, if i get all A's , Neiman Marcus or Saks. i usually wear my jeans and a tee shirt. sometimes i wear locoste and dkny and ugg ( i LOVE UGG boots), juicy, and coach, and burberry ( have a set of burberry earmuffs and scarf) but thats all. I consider my self in the upper middle class, but i hate spending money( sounds odd, i know LOL!). I do like to buy nice beauty products,and accesories.

Looooove Target, I just got back from there as a matter of fact.
I consider myself more of a "down to Earth" kind of person, but I like to be pampered on occaision. I pump my own gas, wash my car every now & then, do my own housework[even though I should have a housekeeper, I'm a slob] & raise my own children. I like gorgeous things & splurge when I feel love something, go to the spa every now & then, eat at an expensive restraunt, but you can usually find me at Panda Express or Stix. I like nice things, but will never pay more than $25 for a white T-shirt or $75 for a pair of jeans. I will however pay a wee bit more for a great bag.

I won't shop at Walmart because of their unfair buisness practices & unethical treatment of their employees. Pretty much any other superstore is fair game when I am on the hunt & Costco has a very special place in my heart.....usually tucked under the huuuuuge spot I have saved for my kids & my LVSA. ;)