Are you hiding your LV obsession??????

I hide my purses from my boss. It is just her and I in the office. I usually just put put my purse under my desk or I throw a sweat-shirt over it. I rather her not know how much I spend on purses.

It was funny today. My boss has to buy a gift for her mother and she was talking about maybe buying her a nice purse. So she asked if Nordstrums was still having their sale. I said I went the 1st day and did not notice anything I really liked. She said to me well of course there ws nothing you like since there is no way you would ever spend $500 on a purse. I just laughed. If she only knew.

My friends know what LV is- my parents don't (really- they don't)

*I think this is why I bought a few bbags..........no labels on them? plus the leather is killer*

but~ the best advice I heard is "if drinking is causing problems in your life then - yeah- you have a drinking problem!"- Dr. Phil

I think the same way with material items- buying-selling-buying-selling................. I have problems.

But this is the only area in my life where I'm totally torn!! All my other decisions about my family, school, dinner, clothes, shoes....... plane tickets, what movie to watch........ those are all cut and dry....... but when it comes to purses..... my mind becomes like molasses, thick, slow and STICKY!!!!!!!!!!! argh. I've never felt so incompetent!!! heehee~~~

:nuts::yes:

Beljwl: Hahaha..that's funny !! Your boss doesn't know who you're huh? :P.

I think it depends on whom I'm meeting with. If she's someone who also obsessed with brand name bags then I'm fine. Otherwise just be humble :smile:.

No hiding here. Friends and family are into purses, jewelry, and fashion more than me. I happen to be the one that's lagging. I want my mom's purse hand me downs, lol.

nobody really notices, because i don't make a big deal of it to them. most of my pieces are monogram..and to my husband and family, they all look the same. little do they know

I hide my purses from my boss. It is just her and I in the office. I usually just put put my purse under my desk or I throw a sweat-shirt over it. I rather her not know how much I spend on purses.

It was funny today. My boss has to buy a gift for her mother and she was talking about maybe buying her a nice purse. So she asked if Nordstrums was still having their sale. I said I went the 1st day and did not notice anything I really liked. She said to me well of course there ws nothing you like since there is no way you would ever spend $500 on a purse. I just laughed. If she only knew.

maybe she meant that you'd never spend as little as $500 !! perhaps she is on to you:graucho:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine1972
Honestly, I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I love my LV's and I don't feel that I need to explain myself to anyone (including my hubby). My sister-in-law mentioned to me just yesterday that LV was boring with the same patterns and asked why I purchased them. I simply said I liked them and that as long as I made my own money, I would keep buying.

I make my own money (of course I don't spend it all on me) and so I buy what I want and as often as I want. I am not hurting anyone or commiting a crime so I don't need to hide anything or explain myself.

There are worst things in life and I know some people that are hiding (or think they are hiding) awful things like drug addiction, gambling, etc. So please, don't feel bad and don't allow others to judge you and put you down. Buy your things because you like them, because you can, and because you deserve them.

My sentiments, exactly. Life is too short, so live it by enjoying what makes you happy....and what can make you happier than a new LV item????
yes.gif

I do! I don't let people see more then my cles, everyones on my case about my agenda and so on, I'm very self conscious about it. I know I shouldn't, but i don't want people thinking I'm flaunting my success.

i'm glad to know i am not alone!

i feel embarassed talking to anyone (my friends, my hubby.... ) about my dream bag or wallet these days. It's either be LV or Dior or Coach. My hubby was the one who bought me my very 1st LV (cos I was carrying really cheap bags every day) and I guess he must be feeling great when he bought that LV...

but he made a mistake :graucho: I turned into a branded purse monsters.

initially he'd comment about my expensive taste then we had a mini fight over it. Now he never comments. He would only give his views on whether the purse is pretty. :P

my friends don't really understand my bag desires or any of my other desires :sweatdrop:

sometimes i wish i am not like this... i'd wonder why I can't make do with a single purse or a cheaper bag/ watch....

Yeah in fact I now do! For me, it used to be like.. "hey friends n family, I just got a new bag." Cause I'm proud to get new bags and would like to share that to them.

At first they seems okay with it. But now it seems like they don't really understand. They just think I'm wasting my money. Especially my friends. So i rather now share to them anything about my bags. I don't think there are that many people out there who understands about "LV/designer's bags obsession." beside TPF members.:smile:

Yeah in fact I now do! For me, it used to be like.. "hey friends n family, I just got a new bag." Cause I'm proud to get new bags and would like to share that to them.

At first they seems okay with it. But now it seems like they don't really understand. They just think I'm wasting my money. Especially my friends. So i rather now share to them anything about my bags. I don't think there are that many people out there who understands about "LV/designer's bags obsession." beside TPF members.:smile:

I agree......I really thought that my friends and family would be more understanding but they are not...and they get more critical and judgemental as time passes...mind you they all have their vices and then some....

Im for sure gonna hide my obession too...love tpf....:heart:

People around me just notice my LV stuff and they say that I'm high maintenance and that I only purchase branded stuff..... I guess it's because I wear my LVs to work and I don't hide them at all. Some clients can come into the firm, see me for the first time and declare that I'm very well-paid (actually, it boils down to personal savings and prioritising purchases). IRL, I cannot find anyone whom I can discuss LV bags with (save for the bf who has a keen interest in LV and can offer me great opinions and advices, the bf's sister who has a massive collection, the bf's mom who offers her opinions sometimes, and the bf's sister-in-law who offers an occasional nod towards the Ludlow wallet), but I find my support group here! I'm so glad there's tPF.

Honestly, I don't care what anyone thinks of me. I love my LV's and I don't feel that I need to explain myself to anyone (including my hubby). My sister-in-law mentioned to me just yesterday that LV was boring with the same patterns and asked why I purchased them. I simply said I liked them and that as long as I made my own money, I would keep buying.

I make my own money (of course I don't spend it all on me) and so I buy what I want and as often as I want. I am not hurting anyone or commiting a crime so I don't need to hide anything or explain myself.

There are worst things in life and I know some people that are hiding (or think they are hiding) awful things like drug addiction, gambling, etc. So please, don't feel bad and don't allow others to judge you and put you down. Buy your things because you like them, because you can, and because you deserve them.

Very well said:yes:, I couldn't agree more.:tup: