Are you asking for anything in particular for Valentine's Day?

good tippers? :smile: (i have to work)

hubs and i are going on a dress up date on the 12th. i'm excited! we usually skip v-day all together, but we really need a "date" and this is as good an excuse as any. i'll probably get him a card and something small that will make him laugh. maybe one of those weird al hoodies that say white and nerdy on them (he told me last week that the song is officially the theme song to his life). :smile:

i'm personally over the whole "it's-a-holiday-so-you-have-to-do-something-nice" thing. my bf and i are luckily both in agreement; we surprise each other and do nice things for each other all the time, driven simply by the thought of adding something nice to the other's life and making them happy...it's never about the material aspect of whatever that is, it's about the person's love for you. so to me, to ask for a present is like asking for someone to show you they love you, which should never even be necessary. my bf and i essentially don't treat holidays or birthdays in any special manner; in fact, if we do something now on a holiday, it feels so contrived to us because it's almost like we're expressing our love for each other mainly because a holiday tells us to, and not genuinely driven solely by our feelings, kwim?

good tippers? :smile: (i have to work)

hubs and i are going on a dress up date on the 12th. i'm excited! we usually skip v-day all together, but we really need a "date" and this is as good an excuse as any. i'll probably get him a card and something small that will make him laugh. maybe one of those weird al hoodies that say white and nerdy on them (he told me last week that the song is officially the theme song to his life). :smile:

LOL We are celebrating Vday on Sunday the 11th bc I have class Wed. the 14th at night :nuts:

i LOVE the platinum one! but it's just so $$$$ i could easily get a new bag!

i dunno...THE BF is currently searching online...he keeps asking me "can we postpone it a day? or do it before 2/14?"

i know he can't find any available reservations! but i'll be happy either way!

Nah just the sterling silver one:yes:

RU doing anything fun for Vday?:nuts:

I asked for "fruit paste" from Maison du Chocolat, sounds disgusting, but really extremely yummy fruit jellied candy. Wonder why they can't come up with a more attractive name...probably direct translation from French.

I heard a radio commercial today for Trader Joe's... it went something like, "not sure what to get your new sweetheart? chocolates, roses and jewelry a little to 'much'? Why not buy some marinated mushrooms w/ garlic to show your affection...?" It was so STRANGE! And I love mushrooms, but not for Valentine's Day! And... GARLIC?!? No thanks! HAHA!

I heard a radio commercial today for Trader Joe's... it went something like, "not sure what to get your new sweetheart? chocolates, roses and jewelry a little to 'much'? Why not buy some marinated mushrooms w/ garlic to show your affection...?" It was so STRANGE! And I love mushrooms, but not for Valentine's Day! And... GARLIC?!? No thanks! HAHA!

They should have followed that up with a special on toothpaste and mouthwash!