Are you a "logo whore"?

1. Well, the title is definitely eye catching, but I was asked that by one my best-friends.

We were having a debate at Piola's Restaurant in the Village and she and I talked about having luxury brands. She said that I differed from her in that I don't like things that have the company logo very prominently stated on the merchandise. I told her it made me feel like a walking advert.

She, on the other hand, loves wearing merchandise that just YELLS the company logo.

So....what about you? Are you ambivalent to such large logos, do you prefer subtle logos like on the Utah or Epi line, or out-in-your-face logos like the Monogram Canvas, Murakami, and Damier Géant lines?

Give examples if you can! :yes:

2. Lol..for me, it depends on the bag. I love my monogram pieces but I love my Vernis and Miroir pieces even more. With those, you tend to notice the color/style THEN the logo, not vice versa. And I do love my Mandarin Epi Jasmin...but I have no qualms carrying the murakami lines or the Graffiti as long as I'm not wearing anything else with a logo on it. I don't like having more than one visible logo at a time (i.e. LV mono bag, Coach/Gucci/Chanel shoes etc.).

3. hum, guess i'd have to be 'logo whore' on this one, i love mono/damier as well as Chanel-which screams chanel on every piece. but not on my clothes, wayyyy past the huge A&F, juicy logo phase, though i still buy froom both stores for less obvious ones^^;

4. ^^ OMG, I agree with you both! Well, I don't have any Mono Canvas or Damier pieces, but I agree with both of you totally.

And Becca - I soooo know what you mean about the Miroir pieces because I pretty much have them all, but it's the color/brilliance of the material that you notice first, and then later the embossed Monogram's :p

5. Lol I know..I buy Juicy still too but I'm like you..no obvious logos. I do like some of the sayings on the shirts though (like the one in my profile pic that says Juicy Couture Hotel and Bungalows).
    But as for A&F, I don't wear it anymore..I have one jacket that I still wear because it's cozy and warm but there aren't any logos anywhere, thank goodness.

6. Lol. I've only got the 2 Speedys and gold Pochette :lol:

But I love how you notice the bag's color and shine before the logos.

7. Although most of my things are mono...I try to incorporate a little bit of everything into my "collection", ie. Epi, Damier, CB which are a little more subtle.

My clothes, however, don't really have logos. I prefer subtle, classy, sophisticated clothes (although I do have a few tees and tanks for summertime/school).

8. Am I a logo whore? Do dogs lick themselves?

While I do love the Mono line, that is pretty much where I stop wearing logos -- well I do have the extra large pony shirt from Polo when they did the US Open.

Otherwise, no blatent logos -- however, if the question was "Are you a label whore" I would have to admit that I am a huge whore when it comes to clothes -- you could call me the Heidi Fleiss of retail!

9. Yo so where are the whores? Yo gurlz, don't be shy!

10. For me I like subtle hence Epi is my favourite LV line. I used to be crazy over monogram but it's become so common these days and everyone recognises LV only by the monogram canvas. I like how Epi is only recognised by people who really appreciate and know their LV :yes: . However, I must admit that I still lust over some monogram designed bags :amuse:

11. i LOVE the MC, mono and damier.....so most of my collection are from those lines

if that make me LOGO WHORE

than i will proudly tell everyone I AM

12. it depends on the item for me. tshirts/clothes i dont.. but bags/leather goods i do. being drenched head to toe in names is too much for me to handle.. the only name people should be seeing on me is "LOUIS VUITTON" lol. even if my clothes are prada, shoes from gucci or whatever.

except for the burberry trench.. and the ralph lauren big-polo polo. those i need to have the label on. lol.

i guess i am a label whore. lol. shrugs. i don't care. haha.

13. It depends on the design of the logo. I like LV & Gucci's logos, so I like their monogram style. I don't like Coach, DB, and Fendi's logos, so their monogram style is too much for me.

14. Most of the time I don't look at the Mono Canvas and see the LVs to me they just look like a design now. So I don't think about it.

I think Classic Chic made a great point that it doesn't need to logo to scream that designer. Take Chanel... or Marc Jacobs... or Balenciaga... or Hermes!

15. I don't think I'm a logo whore. Well, I do wear head to toe designer but I don't have them screaming for attention as I prefer those classic/timeless lines designs. No one knows that my clothes/shoes are Dolce & Gabanna, Feraud, Iceberg, Kenzo, BCBG or whatsoever but I noticed that people do notice my Damier Speddy 25! My clothes are more expensive than my bag!!!!