Are you a bag snob?

Not at all. My motto is "whatever floats your boat". If I think its nice and I can afford it I'll buy it. What I won't do however, is spend a zillion dollars on a bag just to say I have a bag by XYZ designer. I don't wear my bags for the name on it, I wear it because I like it

edsbgrl said:
I know that we all love bags here, high and lower end but do you consider yourself a Bag Snob? Particular about one brand or another? Absolutely WON'T buy a certain brand? What's your stance?

(Yes I have my hand raised up I am a total bag snob ) I only carry high end bags and evening bags especially during the week, I carnt seem to love the Nine West,Dooney & burke or any faux designers or department store bags eg Bloomingdales, Saks, I just carnt do it !!!!!! :sick:

I am a bag snob. But in a totally wacked out way! I have problems buying a Gap, BR bag etc b/c in my mind the price is too high! Can you believe it? I look at the price tag and if its $150 I figure its better spent on LV or something like that. For some reason I don't think a high price tag on these bags is worth it...eventhough the quality is probably on par or close to LV et al. I'm ashamed, but I can't shake my philosophies! haha

SweetTreat said:
I wouldn't say im a bag snob I just like quality bags the price doesn't matter. However I do find my self going into say a Macy's and thinking I just can't buy any of these bags I need something better quality.

Me too, I figure why waste money on a bag that I can only use once and then they are torn or the zipper brakes. I would rather save money and only buy one bag a month that I will have for 5 years than buy a bag every other day....that is broken the next day

I don't think I'm a bag snob, because quite frankly, I don't have the money to be one! :sad2: I buy whatever is cute that I can afford, and a lot of the time, it's not designer handbags. I agree with you guys that I would never buy any d&bs though!

blushingbaby said:
I am a bag snob. But in a totally wacked out way! I have problems buying a Gap, BR bag etc b/c in my mind the price is too high! Can you believe it? I look at the price tag and if its $150 I figure its better spent on LV or something like that. For some reason I don't think a high price tag on these bags is worth it...eventhough the quality is probably on par or close to LV et al. I'm ashamed, but I can't shake my philosophies! haha

i totally agree! :lol::lol: i look at the new br bags and i think.. cute, but def. not worth it just because it's banana. it's bad. i know. haha. i don't think i'm a huge bag snob and i don't hate db i just don't think i'll be buying any.. i think they're good for younger teens because they have cute little designs and frilly things and whatnot. i don't discriminate! if i like the way it looks then it doesn't matter!

for sure! although like some of the other ladies said, i'm only a snob in regards to my own purchases. i don't expect everyone else to have the same obsession as me..if they did, we wouldn't need this site to find people who understand :biggrin:

edsbgrl said:
I know that we all love bags here, high and lower end but do you consider yourself a Bag Snob? Particular about one brand or another? Absolutely WON'T buy a certain brand? What's your stance?
NO! If a bag is made well then I will purchase it. I dont care about the brand. If it is durable, stylish, and not too trendy then I'll buy it.