Are these real pearls

1. I might be wrong, but I don't think those are real pearls. It says they are ivory pearls and I think they might be faux pearls. They are pretty though. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

2. When I read the description, I figured that "ivory" referred to the color. They could be inexpensive, because they're freshwater pearls. Freshwater pearls tend to be cheaper than other types. I think the best thing to do would be to contact Neiman's through their online chat feature and ask. I would imagine they would have to specify if they were faux. Also, the description says there are 18k gold beads. Would a jewelry maker really bother with real gold bead on a faux pearl necklace?

3. i asked about them just before xmas as i was going to maybe get them. And the live chat person didnt know:tdown: But i will ask again. I dont mind if they are freshwater as they are soo pretty:drool::heart:

4. i just asked on live chat and the guy confirmed they were real:tup::smile: so i think i will purchase them.

5. Ok this is kinda gross, but... If you gently brush a pearl across your teeth and it feels rough, it's real. If it feels smooth, it's fake. :shame: