Are Ponchos In or Out??

Paul & Joe for target had a cute poncho/cape type thing... I dunno, it's cute.. but i'm sorta worried to wear it... it's really comfortable though.

In Bazaar Magazine, there is a section called Buy, Keep, Store for fall items. According to them, ponchos fall under the "Store" category.

They also put Cowboy Boots in the "store" category.

Having worn both for at least a generation, I will continue to do so. I love wrapping up in a long wool poncho on a foggy fall morning! :yes:

I love the look of ponchos :heart: , but they are never in style for long (not that that matters if you like them); I think that may be due to the pulling-over-the-head-and-ruining-hair-and-make-up, or boiling-to-death-in-hot-shops-and-resturants issue.

I have always been very interested in the history of fashion and the last time they were 'in', it was for a very short time, too, although they continued to be popular for children (presumably, because they don't care so much about mussed-up hair and don't wear make-up!).

Capes and shawls have always had more fashion longevity (and practicality).

I dont own very many ponchos but I will definitely continue to wear my favorite one this winter. They are just soo comfortable to wear to work. I had a feeling they wouldnt make as "in" this season but eh I am not too trendy to begin with it.

Well, I think they'll have this next fall-winter season, at least for the very high end stores. In the recent Hermes ads, they show a mink poncho and I think seen a few from J Mendel, Carolina Herrera, Michael Kors and Dennis Basso, although I could be wrong about some of them (I need to start looking at things other than furs...this is getting pathetic lol)