Are Men 'too frightened To Give Women The Compliments They Need ?

I wish my husband would compliment me more and I have actually brought this up to him more than once. He says thank you all the time. But hardly ever comments on my looks, my wit, wisdom or humor! I don't mean to sound like a total snob but hey, I'm a good catch!

I have been w/ DH since I was 18 and literally moved out of my mother's house and into "our" house. My mom always complimented me, constantly & I guess I got a bit spoiled!

I also think maybe its a guy/girl thing??? My mother knows what its like to wear heels & is "impressed" if I wear heels out for a day of shopping whereas DH thinks "why in the name of god is she doing that to her feet"? Sometimes I just wish my DH new what it took to be a feminine woman & actually commented on it. Usually I just get the "you look nice" when we are dressed to go out. Its such a blah comment. :shrugs:

I have no "complimenting" issues with my boyfriend. He frequently gives me compliments and I accept them and thank him and I like to compliment him as well. It is a nice gesture and I agree that it can take a relationship a long way.

My husband compliments me constantly - it's not 5 a day, more like 50 a day! And I do the same to him. We've only been married a couple of years but it doesn't seem to be trailing off any. We really love each other. :smile: As for other guys, though, it is a fine line between seeming sweet and seeming lecherous, and I sort of feel bad for guys cause they're in a tough position. I must say, though, that even though I'm taken, I have never been offended by a sincere "you look beautiful" or "you have gorgeous eyes" or other compliment from a guy. As long as he's gracious when I gently tell him I'm not interested in him romantically, it makes me happy, not upset!