Are LV wallets worth the money?

:biggrin:I recently purchased my first LV -the popincourt. I love it. I am very careful with using it, i don't want the stains on the vanchetta . I'm a freak when it have to place it somewhere. I know eventually I will get over it. Anyways, I wanted a wallet, but they are way too $$$-just as much as a bag-or money you can put towards a bag. Couldn't bring myself to buy a wllet for 400 and up. I bought the small agenda on MC for 180. 3 CC slots and 2 open areas for money, they say you can use it as a check book cover. They don't sell the checkbook covers anymore d/c. Its not a try wallet but it WORKS!

I recently bought a Speedy 30 and a Mono French wallet.:biggrin: It's crazy to think that the wallet (which is now $555) cost almost as much as the Speedy. Once I started using it, I knew I made the right decision. I was just a little disappointed to find out the wallet is Made in USA. Other than that I'm very happy.

I prefer American products when I can find them as I want to limit how much of my money directly goes to France.

pursegalsf said:
I recently bought a Speedy 30 and a Mono French wallet.:biggrin: It's crazy to think that the wallet (which is now $555) cost almost as much as the Speedy. Once I started using it, I knew I made the right decision. I was just a little disappointed to find out the wallet is Made in USA. Other than that I'm very happy.

For Lv wallets... I don't like the leather canvas such as damier, monogram etc.. because there are too many fakes around! I prefer the mm what do u call it? Jeans like material? I prefer Burberry for wallets due to its durability cos im quite clumsy. But I think that Gucci monogram is a better deal than lV, unless ur buying an Epi. Hermes style is too plain and a lot like Bally. So for wallet.. go for Burberry, Dior, or Gucci I'd say! But bags.. Ow ow get as many as u can while u still can *argh*

p11295588_ph_hero.jpg
Only find it in Mini Lin pic from Elux

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11295588&SectionID=# to see inside of wallet

I bought my Monogram zippy wallet coz my chloe wallet broke also it cost me nearly a speedy bag (it match perfectly) but I think I use the wallet everyday and it'll last me years. I've never regret at all that I paid that much coz the wallet has many compartments, fit ton of my stuff and beautifully made. I kept starring mine every time I use it. so love my wallet ((yeah I'm crazy)).

yes! Definately worth it. As someone once said here on the forum, the wallets have a LOT of detail woven into them. All the slots and pouches, there is a lot of work, which is why they cost as much. It's the same in other lines too. It's also the same in furniture. A smaller piece will cost similar to a large because they have to have special tooling to design it all small. I don't know. I love walllets, I only have a framboise zippy in LV, but can't wait to get my azure organizer...

i'd rather put the $ toward a bag. i use a small agenda as a wallet/agenda. it works really well for me.

I was going to say that, I use my groom agenda:shame: as a wallet for now. It holds my 2 favorite cards and my military ID. I can also stick some cash in it if I have to, but normally I have a coach wristlet for that. I think I'm going to order the filofax inserts to put more use to the agenda. picture and credit card holder etc. I'm starting to fall in love with LV agendas. :upsidedown: