Are LV wallets worth the money?

I don't know. To me, wallets are sometimes worth the price they go for in comparison to bags. To take the LV examples above, what is the speedy? It's basically just a roll of canvas. But with the koala wallet, or any wallet for that matter, a lot of craftsmanship has to go into the interior of the wallet (i.e. the CC slots, the bill slots, etc.). To me, it seems that wallets are harder to make than bags like speedys. And I think that's why wallets in general cost the same as a bag. The same goes for coach wallets and bags. And many other brands as well. Wallets are more intricate. And I think quality matters more since most people carry the same wallet all the time, while bags are rotated.

I have a monogram French purse, and I just got a multicolor Koala. I love both! The monogram I've had for several years and it still looks beautiful. And, the Koala is adorable and has tons of room for credit cards and ID! :smile:

Muppy, they are both extremely durable. Both are scratch resistant. However the Damier canvas is "waterproof" while the Epi is only "water resistant." I think that the colors of the canvas would also mean it takes up stains less easily than the Epi leather.

But I don't think that the Damier is superior enough for me not to pick Epi! Because the Epi is still pretty weatherproof and the leather is just so beautiful!

I don't own a LV wallet but I have been obsessing over the zippy in Damier for a couple of weeks. I had it in my elux shopping cart sat morning. By sat afternoon I had gotten the nerve up to spend that much $$ on a wallet and I wanted to beat the price increase. I was so bummed to find it was out of stock:sad: Just in the span of a couple of hours--and poof-it was gone!

Raspberry said:
Muppy, they are both extremely durable. Both are scratch resistant. However the Damier canvas is "waterproof" while the Epi is only "water resistant." I think that the colors of the canvas would also mean it takes up stains less easily than the Epi leather.

But I don't think that the Damier is superior enough for me not to pick Epi! Because the Epi is still pretty weatherproof and the leather is just so beautiful!

thanks raspberry!

I can understand why some of us would not spend that much on a wallet, but i think since i will use it everyday, cost per wear will be a lot lower! i rarely change my wallet and usually use it until it falls apart or looks so bad that i feel embaressed abt taking it out! so i guess a good durable wallet is worth it!

I'm not obsessed with matching purses and wallets due to cost. And it's a pain not only to change purses but to change wallets too...I just don't have it in me ;) I'm thinking about getting a basic epi wallet that will match anything. Epi leather is so gorgeous! I

Hmmm here is something interesting...maybe? I bought my first mono PTI in 1987. Like you I couldn't understand why at the time it was nearly as expensive as a speedy. The SA said something about lined in pig blah blah blah. Well I really wanted something to match my speedy so I bought it and used it for the next 18 years...EVERYDAY! I just recently sold it to a fellow boardie for $125 (it was looking a little tired) If you figure it like that, I originally paid about $230. So it cost me $5.83 a year. That's a pretty good price for such a beautiful wallet.
I've since purchased a few more but I still mainly use my mono zippe. Go figure. V

I agree that they are worth it, absolutely. It is evident that much more labor and skill goes into creating one of these wallets, though perhaps not as much actual material. They are all thoughtfully designed and executed at the highest possible level.

I look forward to my little Koala's 20th birthday... I'm sure she'll be just as pretty, especially given how much I pamper her!

Before you take the plunge and buy the wallet you will not think its worth it, thats the way I felt. but once you buy it and use it and love it. You will thank yourself.

I have the mulitcolor french purse and it was $665.00. Now that I think about it that's the price of a bag. I only have one LV wallet and so far I'm not planning on buying another one since the prices are increasing.

Well, it depends. I don't have much money, so I wouldn't buy one. But, I did receive one as a gift, and I think it's fabulous. I have the epi mandarin compact wallet, and it's perfect for me. I don't care about matching...I just want something that's the right size and holds up well. So far there's no wear and tear on the corners. If you have the money to get a bag AND a wallet, then it's worth it. If it's an either/or situation, then go for the bag instead!

I feel it's worth it since so many of our fellow forumers confirmed the high quality and the durability of the wallets.

My target is the multicolour koala. Secretly hoping for a suhali koala actually. Wondering when it will happen (if it ever happens!).

I have a mono pit, and love it. I had one once before that was new and found that it was stiff and it felt like i was pullingthe card s out of it so i sold it. Wrong thing to do i missed it so much. I purchased it from a friend so i got a good deal on it price wise but it just wasnt comfy with it. Turned out i repurchased the same wallet off let-trade used and I LOVE IT.

Personally its the wallet for me. I'd see if you can find what you want used and put the extra towards your next bag, unless of course you plan on using that wallet for ever. IMO!

Andreax716 said:
As you ladies know, nearly all LV wallets cost a pretty penny (some as much as an LV handbag!) I already have an LV Porte-Monnaie Billets Viennois, but I was thinking of purchasing a new wallet .

My question is: it an LV wallet worth it, or should I just put that money towards a new handbag? :huh: