Are Isabella Fiore handbags made in China?

pato

Jan 1, 2007
I guess the topic's title thread says it all. I just realized that my Isabella Fiore handbag that I got on ebay is made in China. It is my only handbag from that designer so I was wondering if it is the real thing or if I have been carrying a fake for the last month or so ...:confused1:

My IF bag (woven glory, molly bag) is also made in China. For sure, I don't dispute the authenticity of my bag and this is the only IF bag that I have. Maybe others can confirm if all of her bags are made in China.
Don't fret, there are LOTS of bags (even high end, like some of Celine bags) are made in China.

Thanks so much. I got really confused as in my gullibility I thought that paying a lot of money for a bag was a guarantee that at least was not made in China's sweatshops.

It's my understanding that MOST designer handbags are currently being made in China. Even though some may say "made in Italy" , they are often manufactured in China and then "finished" in Italy with some minor detail. I learned this from a friend who lives in Florence and is married to an Italian handbag maker!

Yup..
Only a certain small percentage of the bag needs to be made in a certain country for it to qualify as being "made in Italy, France, etc etc"

It's my understanding that MOST designer handbags are currently being made in China. Even though some may say "made in Italy" , they are often manufactured in China and then "finished" in Italy with some minor detail. I learned this from a friend who lives in Florence and is married to an Italian handbag maker!

WOW!! That is totally news for me. I was convinced Made in Italy, meant that .... How dissapointing that they are charging zillions for a bag that costs cents and is done in sweatshops ....

WOW!! That is totally news for me. I was convinced Made in Italy, meant that .... How dissapointing that they are charging zillions for a bag that costs cents and is done in sweatshops ....

Not all factories in China are sweat shops! That's not to say that there arent sweatshops there- unfortuately, they exist all over the world, even here in the US!

My friend's husband also told me that there are Chinese sweatshops in Florence, which churn out most of the bags you see being sold by street vendors there.

Not all factories in China are sweat shops! That's not to say that there arent sweatshops there- unfortuately, they exist all over the world, even here in the US!

Very true, but I also look at a country's history of enforcement of anti-sweatshop laws.

From my (admittedly limited) studying of what happens when companies outsource to China / China's anti -slave labor laws, I tend to agree with what the professor in this article said about some in the government's level of caring:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/06/15/news/china.php