Are Flare Jeans back in style?

1. Recently read a snippet on Penelope Cruz's flare jeans and how it's making a fashion comeback for the Fall and Winter. Does anyone else think so?

I've bought a pair of Citizens and a pair of 7FAM jeans in the Flare style but is now thinking about getting them altered to a straight leg because the flare on the Citizen is just too wide. Feel bell-bottomish. Am I nuts for tearing up my brand new jeans just to alter the style?

HELP! :shrugs:

2. Tbh, fashion mags have been talking about how wider pants are making a comeback since this time last year and it's just not happening (yet). IMO straighter cuts will be here at least until next spring simply because of the weather (people like to tuck their jeans into their boots when it rains etc). So yeah, I think it's safe to alter your jeans to a straight / bootcut style.

3. I think straight leg, skinny, and trouser-cut jeans are the most current.

4. a little ot, but how much is it to get flared/bootcut jeans altered to a straight leg cut? is it about the same price as getting them hemmed? i was thinking about doing that to my flares and bootcut 7fam's. right now, i pay around $11 to $15 to get my pants and jeans shortened.

5. ^I pay $9 to get the jeans hem and with keeping the original hem. Don't kno how much it would cost to get them alter into a straight leg style. I'll have to check.

6. Wide leg, yes. Flare cut, no.

7. It's expensive. My grandmother consistently buys wideleg pants when what she really wants is narrow or skinny leg, and pays between $30 and $50 to get them adjusted.

8. I don't think they're back in style yet. Give it a few more seasons.

9. They went out of style? Last I heard was, the style of the jean depends on your body type and what looks good on it. Anything goes, as long as its a good fit. The skinny jean looks horrendous on me, so in or not, I can't wear it.

10. I was thinking the same thing! I'm still wearing mine. I guess its time for new jeans

11. Not the flare cut, but did notice in every store displays of the wide leg..

12. if flare looks good on you, i think you should wear it. who cares what other people are wearing.