ARE diamonds a girl's best friend??

Your boyfriends gift of love should be valued more than anything materialistic. When he takes the time to go out on search for a perfect gift and he brings it to you accept it with a smile. He went outta his way to get that for you. Most men don't take the time to call and say hello during their busy days. If you tell him that you want to change it for the Birkin it will break his heart because in his heart he went out to buy you something that he thought was going to open your eyes and put a big smile on your face. I'm sure that on his way home he was probably thinking of the reaction you would have on your face. Do not even mention that you want to change it. He will forever quietly in his heart call you ingrateful. Take it from me I learned that the hard way.

diamonds. no contest.

my husband would be so so beyond hurt if i traded a piece of jewelry he picked out for a handbag. heck, he pouts because i wear an ilsa paretti necklace i bought for myself more often than the stuff he has bought me. :\ besides, the bracelet is so pretty!! if hubby would pick out stuff like that, he wouldn't have to pout. :smile:

you can always have a birkin...bags don't retain sentimental value as well as jewelry does imho. :smile:

edit: finished reading thread. i'm glad you kept it. like the baggaholic, i learned that lesson the hard way too. glad you didn't have to. :smile:

First of all I would like to say that you have a very sweet hubby:love: Of course you should keep the bracelet as you can always buy a Birkin later. I would wear the bracelet with jeans, flats and a nice top for a casual look. Enjoy it:nuts:

SwankyMamaof3 said:
Agreed :smile:
I'd choose good, quality diamonds over any handbag, any day! :smile:
I don't want to buy my own jewelry, but I can buy myself a handbag!
I'm with SwankyMamaof3 on this - jewelery should be a gift (in an ideal world) but I'm happy to buy my own bags,

bagnshoofetish said:
in my opinion, the bracelet because he took the time to pick it out and probably felt very proud when he gave it to you. you can always buy the bag later!
Ditto. I rarely exchange/return something my BF gave me.