Are ALL potato chips fattening?

1. I was standing on line buying my salad, and I see these chips called, Kettle Chips. I was wondering if these chips were THAT much different than lays or Doritos. I haven't eaten chips in years and really started craving for some at that point.

Are those type of chips really bad for you?

If so, are there any type of chips out there that are okay for you?? or maybe a recommendation on some snacks that could replace chips like rice crackers or something>?? TIA!!!
  2. They now have fat free verisions of BBQ Lays, Original Lays, and Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles. I have been hooked on these for quite some time. They're made with olestra. Also, Pringles makes fat free versions of their original flavor and BBQ flavor. They both have about 70 calories a serving, but I think the pringles have less sodium that the Lays/Ruffles.
  3. I love fat free Pringles. They taste exactly like the regular ones.
  4. I know, so good huh! I end up eating the whole tin :wtf::wtf:
  5. OOooo. So its okay to be eating them? I always thought the process of how they made potato chips made them bad for you. but hey, if the kettlechips and fat free chips are okay I am going to go get some tomorrow !! :biggrin:
  6. you could try buying the baked chips from Lays
  7. With the Fat Free Pringles, be careful. There's Olestra (which is an Olean brand) and it has been known to give the chips a . . . ahem . . . laxative effect.
  8. They're even better than the regular ones IMO!

The way I feel about snacks is this: I never look at fat content, and eat whatever snacky-snacks I crave, because I am capable of opening a bag of chips, eating a handful, and then putting them away. Moderation is the key!

9. RIGHT ON! moderation IS the key!
  10. I don't think it's too much of an issue if you eat normal sized portions. I've only heard of people having problems after eating a huge quantities of chips. Just don't eat the whole can in a single sitting, and you'll be fine.
  11. Potato chips are my weakness. I can eat an entire bag in 2 days. I realize I can't give them up nor do I really want to. I don't eat many sweets and don't really care for chocolate so chips are my crack. LOL I am losing my last 10 (oops I mean 8, yay for me!!!) pounds and am trying to limit them. I have found the single serving packages to help. Even if I eat 2 of the 100 calorie bags I feel that's better than the 4 or 5 servings I would eat directly from the bag.

I strongly believe there's no bad food (well, expect for High Fructose Corn Syrup but I won't start in on that now) and you can eat whatever you want in moderation and still have a healthy diet.
  12. Fat free can be as bad as regular sometimes.
  13. Maybe I'm in the lucky few, but I've never had a problem with olestra. I will eat the whole can or whole bag and never experienced the "laxative effect".
    Moderation IS key, but I don't always follow this rule.;)
  14. Yeah its really hard to eat everything in moderation esp snacks bc they come in a huge bag! Especially for girls.. we just love to eat when we are bored, or at least I do! Snacking is yummy and fun at the same time.

I LOOOOOVE wholefoods' sugar-free chocolate chip cookies.. They don't really sell it by the tub, just individually. I get 2 of htem and they're like heaven :smile: