Archived: Authenticate This Hermès

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
Please post authenticity questions related to Hermès in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

I saw some in my Japanese catalog magazine and supposedly it was a souvenir from some Hermes exhibitions or something. It was called Vinyl Kelly. There is also text in the bag: Souvenir de L'exposition Hermès ... Un Voyage au Pays des Merveilles. So, it's the same text as in the eBay link.

But I don't know if it's true or not.

La Vanguardia said:
I saw some in my Japanese catalog magazine and supposedly it was a souvenir from some Hermes exhibitions or something. It was called Vinyl Kelly. There is also text in the bag: Souvenir de L'exposition Hermès ... Un Voyage au Pays des Merveilles. So, it's the same text as in the eBay link.

But I don't know if it's true or not.

Something to new to learn again everyday, I love it :flowers:

It would be cool if that one is real, the seller also has another white/clear one.

I'm hoping others who know more about this to chime in, and thanks Coco for asking about this bag in the 1st place.

That's true. Awhile back I talked about seeing older, authentic gold Courcheval Birkins on ebay a lot - this looks like one of them! This bag does show some wear, though.

sarahcantiik said:
Is courchevel the predecessor of epsom? I saw the pics looks like the texture is similar.

Btw, the seller has the same bag as Baggaholic's new birkin but in HAC.
Yes, but there was also Veau Graine Lisse- A similar pressed leather. I believe VGL came before Epsom. It seems the pressed leathers are only around for a few years before they come up with a replacement - but things like Togo, Chevre and Clemence are around for good.

Aha, thanks GT.. but courchevel is no longer produced, am I right?

I saw another leather the other day, it was smooth and shiny like box calf but not as smooth. I cant remember what the name that I was told by the seller. Do you know GT?

sarahcantiik said:
Aha, thanks GT.. but courchevel is no longer produced, am I right?

I saw another leather the other day, it was smooth and shiny like box calf but not as smooth. I cant remember what the name that I was told by the seller. Do you know GT?
Right, cour. has been discontinued for a few years.

The other leather you saw could have been Rodeo. This is the leather of Joanna's orange Kelly. Check her thread and see if it's like what you saw.
:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.