Tech Apple Mac Help Book

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
I am lost and frustrated. I know next to nothing about computers and I'm losing my mind.

Can anyone recommend a very basic beginner's book on using an Apple Mac? I ordered "Mac for Dummies" from Amazon.com and it should be here tomorrow. Is there something else I should get too? I especially need very basic help with e-mail.

Thanks so much!

Leelee congrats on your mac purchase.
actually using mac is far easier than PC.
you can also get help from the computer by clicking the help options on the top of the menu.
and you can type whichever help you needed, and the computer will assist you in a step by step procedure.

To be honest i dont believe in reading books for help, i purchased a mac iBook without even using a mac before, and i found it very user-friendly.Whenever i had trouble finding something , i just searched it on the web and found hundreds of pages explaining it. Thats why i love google. :P

I just got a MacBook Pro, my first mac computer ;) Macs are more user friendly than pcs but after using only pc for years I'm still learning how things go around on mac comps :biggrin:

I don't usually read manuals or books either so sorry I can't help you there. I usually just press all buttons in turn and see which one works :P

Yeah we bought a Mac like 2 months ago and I have yet to figure out how to use it lol
my mind goes blank when I'm at it :/
I'm just too used to normal pc.