Apple Guard and the Patina Process

1. Hey gang.
    I just got my Special Order Mono Ribera from Cat (THANK YOU!!) I love it. I have a question and maybe someone can help me out with an answer!
    The former owner used Apple Guard on the bag. My question is does this stop the patina process? The vachetta on this bag is a little light for my tastes and i am just worried it will stay light.

I also do not think this bag was used very much either. It is only 9 months old...so not an old bag.

Any help you guys could provide would be appreciated!! :smile:

Thanks!

2. I have used Apple Guarde on all of my LV's and they still developed their natural patina. The only thing that I noticed is that it prevented water spots like a champ!

3. Thanks! Did it delay the process at all?

4. I'm new to this pf and I would like to know what is an Apple Guard? Thanks for info.

5. I used apple garde on all my stuff - and they all have a nice patina. (Light honey color)

6. First thing I do is spray it and it still patinas nicely. Just use the Ribera, and it will turn before you know it. My Manhattan GM was so pale I was scared of it. Of course i sprayed it right away. Now its slightly turning honey.

7. Thanks Guys!!! You guys always are so helpful!!

8. post pictures please.

9. is there anything to stop the patina process?

10. For those who have used this before, did you have to cover the non-patina part? What about if the hardware got sprayed too? I'm just worried it may have an effect on the monogram canvas or the hardware

11. i didn't cover the non- leather parts- and nothing happened. i just wiped the areas off. imo, the leather patinas evenly , w/o water spots (or less obvious ones) when applying appleguarde.

12. Yes I just sprayed three times letting 30 minutes go inbetween. Then let it dry overnight. Wiped off the canvas part cause it can be oily feeling.

13. st thing I do is spray it and it still patinas nicely. Just use the Ribera, and it will turn before you know it. My Manhattan GM was so pale I was scared of it. Of course i sprayed it right away. Now its slightly turning honey.

Hey Lucci, When you say Ribera, is that a type of appleguarde???

14. does anyone use the cleaner? is it too harsh?