Apple Conditioner on My Flap

SerenitySue said:
Hi, just wondering how much s/h was to Canada? Coz I got mine from leatherstuff.com and I'm in Australia - s/h via Global Priority was $29.50 USD. But when I checked daytimer.com and pretended to order and checkout, the shipping came to $35.00 USD! Btw, I got 2 of the 8oz bottles of conditioner from leatherstuff.com. I could only fine the 4oz bottles in daytimer.

yeah, i wouldn't pay the $29.50 for shipping from leatherstuff.com, the shipping on daytimer was cheap, maybe $8 or $10 CDN? can't remember exactly.

Apple Conditioner? Hmm ... so is this what everybody has been using on their bag? From the time I purchase the bag when do you think will be a good time to start maintaining it's appearance? And is the conditioner only good for lambskin? What about the Black Metallic the leather seems to be a slight different texture? Oh Gawd I am such a noob at this!

Has anyone used any conditioning product, Apple care or other, on any color other than black? If so, did it leave any type of mark; did it dry evenly? It seems black is a lot less forgiving than any other color, but maybe that's just my imagination. I have used conditioners on my black bags with no problem.

And yes, leather conditioner should be applied annually, at a minimum, even if you're not using the bag -- just as you would condition shoes and a leather car interior. The more fluctuation in temps, exposure to sun, the drier it becomes. (Remember, it's skin!)

Does anyone ever treat black caviar leather? I was wondering whether i should treat my GST and wallet w/ just the Apple conditioner or can I spray them with the Wilsons spray?

seems that the conditioner is good on black chanels but has anyone tried it on light coloured lambskin? Does it stain?

Btw the conditioner bottle states that it cleans as well but do anyone use a seperate cleaner than after that put the conditioner? thks!

I have used the Apple conditioner on every bags I have (LV, Balen, Chanel) and it showed the good result ALL of them. I also used it on the light color & lamb skin leather.. no marks or anythings after.

Super recommend!!

Anyway, I don't know about other brands since I'm using only one.

HTH.

Hmm, I can't get it shipped here :rolleyes:

I don't suppose anyone has any recommendations for Japanese conditioner and protector?

Or does someone fancy setting up a new business shipping it to Asia? :P

I use 2 coats of lovinmybags cream protector on my jumbo caviar every 6 months. It keeps the bag way from any stains and water. Works great. It costs $30 and can be bought directly from lovinmybags.com.

I use 2 coats of lovinmybags cream protector on my jumbo caviar every 6 months. It keeps the bag way from any stains and water. Works great. It costs $30 and can be bought directly from lovinmybags.com.

Ditto. There's no temporary darkening and I've used it on camel, pink, red, black -- you name it -- on lambskin, caviar, distressed leather. It takes the angst out of using lambskin purses.

I don't think Shining Monkey makes a leather conditioner? Their fabric protector spray is just to protect leather from water damage, similar to the Apple Rain & Stain Repellant. Shining Monkey's repellant goes on dryer and dries faster than the Apple stuff.

I have used Apple Conditioner on the vachetta on my Louis Vuitton bags, but for Chanel my Chanel sales associate recommended and sent me a jar of Meltonian Boot & Shoe Cream Polish, which is apparently what they use in the repair department.

I don't think Shining Monkey makes a leather conditioner? Their fabric protector spray is just to protect leather from water damage, similar to the Apple Rain & Stain Repellant. Shining Monkey's repellant goes on dryer and dries faster than the Apple stuff.

I have used Apple Conditioner on the vachetta on my Louis Vuitton bags, but for Chanel my Chanel sales associate recommended and sent me a jar of Meltonian Boot & Shoe Cream Polish, which is apparently what they use in the repair department.

Ooh, now I think I can get that in the UK? Will ask DH to check next week :tup: