Apparently Im Getting A Bag For VDay? Help Me Solve This Mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^three cheers for that.

I love nice bags but Im not materialistic or superficial. Christmas for me is more about shaking the boxes and guessing whats inside!

I am just excited to think about what it is, and honestly it could be a tote bag from walmart and Id still be happy!

Then again as someone mentioned, it could be that BBag in my sig...

I don't think it will be any type of croc bag. Crocs are snappy and prehistoric looking, so would that really be a good reflection of you on Valentine's Day? I say Hermes/Birkin in luscious leather.

hmm...I want to say a Chanel or Louis Vuitton. :smile: Most guys seem to know those names! Even if he did have help, these brands sound like something he might have to work with an SA for!

laurie8504 was right. slidegirlcass, I apologize for my answer earlier...the part about your relationship. That's really none of my business. You asked for an opinion on the bag and I should've stuck to that. It's just you seem so sweet and the guy seems so nice and you two seem to like each other. So why shouldn't two great people find happiness together? But anyhoo, hope I didn't offend you. :flowers:

Ditto, I should have just "played along" and if you'd just left the little part out about living with your BF and not being committed and all I wouldn't have felt so bad for you. Just misunderstood your situation.:winkiss:

Hope you get something awesome.

I would forget about it until it arrives. Whatever it may be, I would call and thank him profusely and perhaps write a thank you note.

I hope it is something really nice!

laurie8504 was right. slidegirlcass, I apologize for my answer earlier...the part about your relationship. That's really none of my business. You asked for an opinion on the bag and I should've stuck to that. It's just you seem so sweet and the guy seems so nice and you two seem to like each other. So why shouldn't two great people find happiness together? But anyhoo, hope I didn't offend you. :flowers:

Of course not! I do like him...like a father sort of guy? I mean Im 25 and hes freaking 50! Hes older than my MOM!

Im sure all will be well, thanks for all your comments everyone, I am reading and absorbing everyones "out of the fishbowl" perspectives!

Hm, definitely a mystery. Cant wait to check in and see what it is.

PS I think the original poster intended for this post to be a lighthearted post, no sense in people trying to jump in and give opinions about what they'd do and trying to shrink her head.

My guess is that it will be one of the more expensive bags on your wishlist and the reason he's having to work with a SA is because you've specified the exact style and color. I think his words are to just make you guess but being an older and more seasoned man he probably knows that women are picky and if he can find out (from tpf via neice) exactly which bags you love then he'll try to get one of those.

just my guess.

and as far as keeping the bag...well, cross that bridge when you come to it but if it were me and my bf didn't have a problem with it then OH YEAH i'd keep it!!!!

how fun, speculating is a good time.

As I was told before, there was no mystery delivery today. I did however get a giant bunch of 200 lilies and a nice note.

I also got some more information from my friend Elizabeth who used to work with us and is still my internet buddy.

DB is receiving a very prestigious award from an organization in the field he works(ed) in. Its not a monetary prize or anything, but comes with a lot of respect and its not annual so no one is ever guaranteed to get it. Apparently he sent a very nice generous gift and flowers to all the women from the office during the time he worked there, as it was his work during that time that got him nominated for the award. He even sent nice gifts to the men. Elizabeth got 2 dozen long stemmed roses and a pair of diamond earrings! I'm guessing this coincided with his interest in "wooing" me at valentines day so he just went bigger when it came to my gift. Given that it was only an 8 person company at the time we worked there I would guess it wasn't hard to get something for everyone.

As much as I do enjoy being the object of ones affections, it makes much more comfortable about getting this gift if he is also passing around expensive bottles of scotch, flowers, and diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies.