Apparently Im Getting A Bag For VDay? Help Me Solve This Mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows pretty much everyone, in fact a lot of my professional contacts come from the fact that when we worked in the same business I managed a lot of his stuff exclusively and ppl would be like "who does your whatever"nd hes pass them on to me. Anyone from TV, Movies, Politics, Fashion, Music, etc. So if he wanted one he would get one but knowing him he probaly went for something more eclectic or more "now", a Birkin would be most likely TOO classic for him, but we will see. I was thinking something trendy and sold out? Who knows. I even have my non-fashionable mom scouring the web for ideas, shes met him!

All I am saying is this is one fun mystery and I am going to watch to see what happens.

I have been in some interesting situations in my life too.

Boo, just got an email that my mystery gift will be delayed. Apparently there is some sort of PS or SA involved on this one and they have to get IT from another location or something? The email was quite cryptic, but I was told to await a "less exciting but much sweeter smelling tidbit to tide you over", which I assume will be some sort of flowers. The agonizing mystery continues!

hummm all very interesting to read... the whole story was really fun to read. thanx for sharing.
i would guess birkin too...
i do have a question though... how come you want to stick around for BF if he doesn't want to be your BF? i mean, i know you mentioned it's like a roommate situation but you also said he was like your BF?? i suppose it's just hard to move on if you are all living together... but why not just move on?
sorry that's more than one question and it's kindda personal so you don't really have to answer if you don't want to.

hope you get your gift soon... please post pictures regardless of if you keep it or not! good luck with everything!

Do you know who his niece is? BTW, off topic, sort of...but I'm thinking that your BF isn't as committed as you'd like him to be so maybe it's time to give yourself something you deserve even more than a Birkin...:heart::heart::heart:

Maybe you can narrow down the choices of bags if you take into account what kind of person DB is. Well dressed? Rich? Does he spend a lot of money on himself? Or is he the more frugal type? I think the gift he wants to give you will to a certain degree reflect his own personality.
Regina :tup:

I have no idea what the bag could be. I do think you need to stop wasting your time and move on, though. If BF will not commit, why stay? Life is way too short. DB sounds like a nice person and he obviously cares for you. Why not give him a chance? If BF is that comfortable and is ok with you and DB having this kind of relationship and getting gifts from him, then I would say that BF is not the guy for you. I am not trying to hurt your feelings, but I don't like to see women wasting their youth on someone that is not deserving. Again, life is way too short and your can't get the time you waste back.

I must agree with what some of the others have said as far as BF. If he is okay with another man persuing you and buying you something that will have personal meaning then obviously he does not have seriousl intentions. I'd try to find a way to be "single" in my living arrangements as well. DB sounds nice and you seem to like him. Maybe you should give him a chance...

As far as the bag I have no idea what it could be. But whoever the designer I'd guess it would be a limited edition? But I'm definitely going to stay tuned to see what it is!

aww, sounds like your valentine's day will be sweet (even if it is a little late ;) ). I hope it's that croc bbag in your siggy!

If only!

And I have to say, I am hearing all the comments but I tried to give enough info to keep everyone informed. Apparently not.

BF and I broke up over year and a half a go. We are basically dating. We are not willing to open that can of worms that was our relationship and discuss getting back together. I dont want him to commit, especially since Im not willing to do that myself. We are doing what we refer to as "enjoying the grey area between being together and being apart". I am comfortable with the fact that he talks to women on planes or when hes out traveling for work. We arent sleeping with anyone. We are barely sleeping with each other. And to throw everyone for a loop - we are HAPPY. I happen to know a man who I will NEVER date (hes 50 for petessakes!) and he knows this too and is just HAPPY doing something nice for me. Why cant everyone just DEAL WITH THAT. I thought this would be fun to share and I appreciate everyone who has been super nice! If you have nothing nice to say I suggest you keep moving because you will not ruin this for me!

Maybe you can narrow down the choices of bags if you take into account what kind of person DB is. Well dressed? Rich? Does he spend a lot of money on himself? Or is he the more frugal type? I think the gift he wants to give you will to a certain degree reflect his own personality.
Regina :tup:

Regina, you are so smart - youre comments on every thread are always helpful!

He is well dressed, but I think little of it has to do with his own taste. He has more taste in cigars, scotch, cars, etc. Boys toys. He is pretty rich. I am pretty sure even though he has a very high pressure and high paying job thats hes doing it for fun instead of for need at this point. He enjoys fine things, but I have met his niece (dont know her name on here though!) and his sister because they travelled with him to my office back in DC once and he spoils them. He is pretty old school and he loves to spoil women in his life. He even used to send flowers to all the women in the office after long weeks. He opens doors for ladies and carries strollers in the subway for strangers. Hes a good and giving guy and despite having a crush I think the main thing he enjoys is that Im easy to please and love the gesture more than the gift. He once filled my metrocard for me when I left my purse in the office and went to lunch. I almost cried! He just likes seeing the enjoyment people get from gifts and doenst worry about money, which could be trouble if hes getting his purchasing advice from a TPF girl!:confused1:

I say you just wait it out gal - because there are so many bags out there... and if you assumed what it was something and then it turned out not to be it.. it will really bum you out...

Also - I agree with another poster here - I don't think u should accept the bag unless you are going to accept him per se - or consider to give him a chance to give the relationship a go...

^^I think anticipating is half the fun! And if it's not what she expected, it'll still be a fun surprise because it's a gift from someone who cares about her, I don't see a "disappointment factor" here.

I also think, that for Sidegirlcass's sake we should limit discussion to the question she originally posted, as the topic here isn't her relationship, it's a bag. I'm sure if she wanted that analyzed she would have started a thread about it. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.