Anyplace you don't take your LV too?

I will begin by saying that I can't stand my MIL. At Christmas, I had my **NEW** MC Speedy with me and she looked it over and over..then, we were all out at dinner (the whole family) and she actually said to me "Is that a real Louis Vuitton?" I said yes, and she said "Those are really expensive, right? WOW, you and my son must be doing very well for yourselves...I hope he doesn't ever lose his job...he needs to support your expensive habits." I was FURIOUS!!! We don't get along very well, as you can see.

ohmygoodness, Espanv... what did you SAY to her?!? My MIL would never say the part about my DH supporting my "expensive habits" (though I work too- hard, might I add) but I know she would be thinking it! The "my son" thing annoys me, too... how about calling him by name, or better yet saying "your husband"!! ;) Ugh- some people are so tacky... and envious, too. That, is the underlying factor, I honestly think...:yes:

I don't like to take my monogram bags to work. It draws too much attention & I don't want to deal with the comments from co-workers. I'll usually take my damier or epi bags with me.

If I go out at night to a bar or club I usually won't bring a nice bag. In fact, I usually just stick what I need in my pocket (if I have pockets) or will carry a cheaper or older bag or ask a friend to carry my money. I've been held up at gunpoint after a night out. Luckily the muggers were too stupid to realize right as they were pulling out their guns I checked the time on a Rolex. They got $14 from the four of us. But no way in hell am I giving anyone a chance to get a nice bag from me. They can take my cash but not my bag!