Anyone who is 5'4" and about a size 2?

Super thread!

My issue is not seeing a pic of anyone of any height/weight combo from the front, but it is the side profile that concerns me of the birkin. I am super short and I think the 35 looks great on me when you see it from the front, but it is the side profile where it tells the story. Remember the side is what/how you are viewed when you are carrying it. It is quite wide on a 35. I also find the weight of a 35 an issue.

So, my opinion would be a 30 is great in any leather, but if you choose a 35 I would go with a lighter leather so it does not weigh you down. Also, I agree that a 35 would be great to have for the travel bag and that also means you would want a lighter leather. 30 is super for a lovely handbag!

kellybag - great points! i do agree that the weight of a 35 is pretty considerable. on longer outings sometimes i have to have my bf carry it for some time lol i think you also get used to the size/heft of a 35 though. i thought it was huge when i first got it, but now it feels regular size to me and my other bags feel tiny. i have a clemence too so it's pretty darn heavy!

i haven't gotten the chance to try on a 30 yet but hopefully soon!

msbean, Rockerchick and cxyvr...thank you so much for your awesome pics! I am sitting here in my office drooling:drool: over your Hs.

Thank you everyone else for your input. I think I might be able to rock the 35 or at least I feel braver now. Sooooo I am leaning towards a black in 35 during the work days and maybe a 30 in a fun color for the weekend or when I don't need to carry so many things with me during the week (awesome idea, ling!) And plus, I am thinking ahead...I would love to become a mommy :love: in the next few years and will be able to use the 35 as a diaper bag as well!

Does anyone know what the weight is of the 35 compared to a 30? Let's say for an easy leather to find i.e. togo or clemence...

I am not ready to get a H just yet as DH is starting his business this year and all our extra $$ is being invested in that...maybe in a year so hopefully from now till then, I might be able to see both the 30 and 35 IRL!

Keep your pics coming ladies...I need some eye candy to get me through this work day! :yes:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Here is side view...again, please excuse the Mom on the go outfit...off to the park! :smile:

Attachments

• 30vs35 006_1.jpg
    30vs35 006_1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 30vs35 008_1.jpg
    30vs35 008_1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 61
thanks! Sorry for such awful pix but I thought it would at least give you an idea of size and scale of the two bags from front and side. My 35 is my workhorse and the 30 is the fun colored smaller bag for lunch with the gals!

The only thing I have to contribute is compliments . . .wow you ladies look fab!!!!!

I am well over 5'2" and absolutley no where near a size 2. Therefore I have nothing else to say

rockerchick now you make me want a 30 cuz it has to look so dang good on you! love that color too!

ling i think your idea of a 35 workhorse neutral for the week and a 30 "fun" for the wknd is fantastic!