Anyone who has shopped at TJMaxx and/or Marshalls..pls read:

1. Fyi....

TJX Shoppers' Data Stolen From Network

By Associated Press
    Published January 18, 2007, 6:44 AM CST

FRAMINGHAM, Mass. -- TJX Cos., operator of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls discount stores, said Wednesday its computer systems were hacked late last year and customer data has been stolen.

The company said the full extent of the intrusion is not yet known, but it is conducting a full investigation.

The hackers broke into a system that handles credit and debit card transactions, as well as checks and merchandise returns for customers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and may also involve customers of T.J. Maxx stores in the U.K. and Ireland.

The break-in was discovered in mid-December, but was kept confidential upon the request of law enforcement officials.

TJX said it has hired General Dynamics Corp. and IBM Corp. to upgrade its security system.

Copyright © 2007, The Associated Press

2. not good! Are Marshalls and TJ Maxx the same company? If so, I didn't know that.

3. Thanks! Maybe that's why my cc's were cancelled. The bank wouldn't give any more details than there'd been a security breach.

4. Marshalls and TJ Maxx are under the same group, as well as Home Goods. This is really a bad news.

5. Wow, thanks itsgood2beme.. I'll have to keep an eye on my credit card purchases now. I sure buy enough on my own, don't need to add anyone else's purchases to that! :p

6. oh snap! Gotta keep vigilant watch on the cc/debit statements. Thx for posting!

Hilda :smile:

7. yikes - thanks for posting that! will keep an eye...

8. Thanks for posting, will be vigilant.

9. Oh, wonderful! Thanks so much for posting that info for us gals who like to shop!

10. Thanks for the information!

11. Thanks for the info!

12. thanks for the info...i'm trying to remember now when is the last time i paid there with a CC...

13. thanks for the info. I haven't shopped there in months, so I think I'm safe.

14. cute

15. omg me and my boyfriend bought a few stuffs from both store last tuesday! A day before this happened! Such luck...